Beginners to shopping for insurance online could find finding cut-rate Norwalk car insurance nearly impossible.
It’s a good habit to take a look at other company’s rates occasionally since insurance rates trend upward over time. Even if you think you had the best price a year ago you can probably find a better price now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re about to find out one of the best ways to buy cheaper car insurance.
You probably qualify for some discounts
Car insurance companies don’t list all their discounts very well, so here is a list both the well known and also the lesser-known car insurance savings. If you don’t get every credit possible, you are throwing money away.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house in Norwalk may earn you a small savings because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Early Signing – A few companies offer discounts for switching to them prior to your current policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
- Memberships – Being a member of a qualifying organization may earn a discount when shopping for car insurance.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for all your vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off with select insurance companies.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger companies have better rates if you take out life insurance.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10%.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
To choose insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Connecticut, follow this link.
Compare the Market for Car Insurance in Norwalk, CT
All the larger car insurance companies give prices directly from their websites. Getting online quotes is fairly simple as you just enter as detailed in the form. After the form is submitted, the system makes automated requests for information on your driving record and credit history and generates pricing information determined by many factors.
Online price quotes simplifies rate comparisons, but the time it takes to visit each company’s website and repetitively type in the same information is monotonous and tiresome. Unfortunately, it is important to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find the lowest price.
An easier way to find cheaper rates uses one form that obtains quotes from several different companies. It’s a real time-saver, eliminates repetitive work, and makes quoting online much more enjoyable and efficient. Immediately after submitting the form, it gets priced and you are able to buy any one of the returned quotes. If the quotes result in lower rates, you simply finish the application and buy the policy. It takes 15 minutes at the most and you will know how your current rates stack up.
To quickly find out what other companies charge, simply click here to open in new window and input your coverage information. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you complete the form with the coverages just like they are on your policy. This way, you will be getting an apples-to-apples comparison for the exact same coverage.
A little work can save a LOT of money
Consumers leave their current company for many reasons like policy non-renewal, unfair underwriting practices, delays in responding to claim requests or even extreme rates for teen drivers. Whatever your reason, switching car insurance companies is actually quite simple.
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to reduce car insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may even discover the lowest premiums are with a small mutual company.
Lower-priced car insurance can be purchased online and with local Norwalk insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. A few companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.