Comparing West Palm Beach auto insurance rates online may seem to be difficult if you are a beginner to online quotes. But relax because using the internet to shop for auto insurance is actually quite easy.
Locating the cheapest auto insurance in West Palm Beach can be fairly easy. If you have a policy now or are looking for a new policy, you can learn to cut your premiums and still get good coverage. Florida consumers just need to understand the most efficient way to get comparison quotes over the internet.
How to Get Cheap Auto Insurance in West Palm Beach
Getting better auto insurance pricing is not a difficult process. The only requirement is to invest a little time to compare quotes provided by online insurance companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
- The single most time-saving way to find the lowest comparison rates is to use a rate comparison form like this one (opens in new window). This form keeps you from doing multiple quote forms for each company. In just a few minutes this one form will return price quotes from multiple companies. Recommended for those who want to invest the least amount of time.
- A more difficult way to find lower rates requires you to visit each company’s website to complete their respective quote request forms. For sake of this example, let’s assume you want to compare rates from Liberty Mutual, Geico and State Farm. To get rate quotes you would need to go to every website to input your insurance information, and that’s why the first method is more popular. For a handy list of car insurance company links in West Palm Beach, click here.
- The most time-consuming method of comparing rate quotes is to spend your day driving to insurance agents’ offices. Shopping for auto insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you have a need for the trained guidance of a licensed agent. Drivers can compare online quotes and still use a local agent and we’ll cover that in a bit.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but make darn sure you compare the exact same quote information with each company. If each company quotes different limits and deductibles on each one you can’t possibly determine which rate is truly the best in West Palm Beach.
It’s not one size fits all
When choosing adequate coverage, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Should I rate my vehicle as pleasure use or commute?
- Does my vehicle need full coverage?
- When should I drop full coverage on my vehicle?
- Are my friends covered when driving my vehicle?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Comparing rates from local agents
Certain consumers would prefer to buy from a local agent and that is OK! Good agents can point out coverage gaps and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is you may find the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting small agencies is especially important in West Palm Beach.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your business. You don’t have to drive around because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. How’s that for easy!
Insurance agents in West Palm Beach come in two varieties
When searching for a reliable agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures from which to choose. Insurance agencies in West Palm Beach are either independent (non-captive) or captive. Both insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning the difference between them because it can impact your agent selection.
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move the coverage in-house without you having to go to a different agency. When searching for an agent, it’s a good idea to get quotes from multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. They often place coverage with different regional companies who may have lower rates.
The following is a short list of independent agents in West Palm Beach who may be able to give you pricing information.
- Celedinas Agency Inc – 2617 Okeechobee Blvd # A – West Palm Beach, FL 33409 – (561) 832-9204
- Excel Insurance and Financial – 1001 Green Pine Blvd # E2 – West Palm Beach, FL 33409 – (561) 683-4300
- Brooke Auto Insurance – 4770 Okeechobee Blvd – West Palm Beach, FL 33417 – (561) 687-2929
- AIG Agency Auto – 2500 Metrocentre Blvd – West Palm Beach, FL 33407 – (561) 242-1900
- Plastridge Agency Inc – 2240 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd – West Palm Beach, FL 33409 – (561) 683-8320
Captive insurance agents are contracted to one company such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, Farmers Insurance or Liberty Mutual. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. Captive agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers often buy insurance from these agents partially due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below is a list of captive agents in West Palm Beach who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Allstate Florida Constr Corp – 3700 Georgia Ave – West Palm Beach, FL 33405 – (561) 820-9099
- State Farm Insurance – 576 Marbella Dr – West Palm Beach, FL 33403 – (561) 848-5654
To view a full list of captive insurance agents in West Palm Beach, please view this page.
Deciding on an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. These are valid questions to ask:
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
After getting positive feedback to any questions you have as well as a affordable price, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that will provide auto insurance coverage.
Read more about Florida auto insurance
Much more information about auto insurance in Florida can be found on the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation website. Click here for link. Consumers can learn about specific coverages, file complaints about a company, and report car insurance fraud.