I can’t think of a single person who likes paying for auto insurance, especially when they are aware that they could find lower prices if they just compared rates. Due to the abundance of insurance companies to choose from, it’s nearly impossible to locate the lowest price auto insurance company.
Consumers need to check auto insurance prices as often as possible since insurance rates trend upward over time. Even if you got the best rate at your last renewal you can probably find a better price now. There is a lot of bad advice regarding auto insurance on the internet, but I’m going to show you some guaranteed methods to buy auto insurance cheaper.
Lower Tiverton auto insurance prices
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that help calculate your auto insurance rates. If you know what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that may result in cheaper rates. Many things are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are not as apparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
- Driving citations drive up premiums – How you drive has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Only having one ticket can increase the cost of insurance by as much as thirty percent. Careful drivers have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. People who have flagrant violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to complete a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
- Discounts for married drivers – Walking down the aisle may cut your premiums on your auto insurance bill. It means you’re more stable financially and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Deter theft and pay less – Driving a car with an alarm system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft features like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all aid in stopping auto theft and help lower rates.
- Premiums are impacted by vehicle performance – The performance of the car you need insurance for makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest base rates are for economy passenger cars, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Too many insurance claims drive up auto insurance rates – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Car insurance companies in Rhode Island generally give discounts to insureds who file claims infrequently. Auto insurance is designed for larger claims.
- A auto insurance policy lapse can increase prices – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a quick way to increase your renewal premiums. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage could result in a revoked license or a big fine. You may need to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Rhode Island department of motor vehicles.
- More people means more accidents – Having an address in less populated areas of the country may provide you with better prices when talking about auto insurance. Less people means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. City drivers regularly have more traffic problems and more severe claims. Higher commute times means more chance of being in an accident.
- Drivers with high credit save – A driver’s credit rating is a large factor in determining what you pay. If your credit is not that good, you may save money insuring your vehicle by improving your rating. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with poor credit scores.
How much is auto insurance in Tiverton, Rhode Island?
The are a couple different ways to compare rate quotes from all the different companies. The simplest method to find the cheapest insurance rates is to get quotes online. This can be accomplished in several different ways.
- Without a doubt, the easiest way consumers can make multiple comparisons is a comparison rater form click to view form in new window. This easy form keeps you from doing separate quotes for every auto insurance company. In just a few minutes this one form compares rates instantly.
- A less efficient way to compare prices is going to each company website and fill out their own quote form. For example, let’s assume you want comparison quotes from USAA, State Farm and Travelers. To find out each rate you need to go to each individual site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is more popular. For a handy list of car insurance company links in Tiverton, click here.
It’s up to you which method you use, but make sure you use equivalent coverage data on every quote you get. If you compare different liability limits it will be nearly impossible to determine the best price in Tiverton. Just a small difference in insurance coverages or limits could throw off the whole comparison. Just remember that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps increase your odds of locating more affordable rates. Not every company allows you to get quotes online, so it’s important to compare price estimates from the smaller companies as well.
Big brands don’t always mean big savings
Big name companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm continually stream ads on television and other media. All the companies advertise claims of big savings if you move your coverage to them. How is it possible that every company can sell you cheaper insurance coverage?
Insurance providers have a certain “appetite” for the right customer that will most likely be profitable. A good example of a preferred risk may need to be a married female, has a clear driving record, and chooses high deductibles. Any new insured who matches those parameters is entitled to the best price and will probably save quite a bit of money when switching.
Drivers who don’t qualify for these standards may be forced to pay a more expensive rate with the end result being the customer buying from a different company. The ads say “customers that switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save that much. That’s why companies can truthfully advertise the way they do.
Because every company is different, you need to compare often. It is impossible to predict which company will provide the lowest premium rates.
Save money by taking advantage of discounts
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you may find discounts that you may not know about. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of quoting, but a few need to be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child take driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit could qualify you for better prices.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers that enable driving data collection to analyze driving patterns by using a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could possibly reduce rates if they have good driving habits.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
It’s important to note that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The best auto insurance companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- Geico may include discounts for air bags, daytime running lights, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, good student, and five-year accident-free.
- Travelers offers discounts for early quote, driver training, IntelliDrive, new car, good student, and multi-policy.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for business or organization, family plan, defensive driving, multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including youthful driver, multi-car, mature driver, switch companies, teen driver, and alternative fuel.
- Esurance has discounts for online shopper, defensive driver, DriveSense, safety device, anti-theft, and online quote.
- State Farm offers discounts including driver’s education, passive restraint, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, and multiple autos.
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for age of vehicle, multi-car, professional/association, multi-policy, accident-free, and good driver.
When getting , it’s a good idea to every insurance company to give you their best rates. Some credits might not apply in your state.
More information is located on the located here. Rhode Island drivers can learn about specific coverages, view agent and company licensing information, find a variety of consumer forms, and read enforcement actions against agents and companies.
The articles below may also help you learn more about auto insurance in Tiverton
- Tiverton Car Insurance Provider Pricing Compared
- Never Quote Tiverton Car Insurance Without Knowing These Money Saving Tricks
Don’t give up on lower rates
When shopping online for auto insurance, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped physical damage coverage only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
There are still a few companies who may not provide rates over the internet and usually these regional carriers sell through independent agents. Cost effective auto insurance can be purchased online in addition to many Tiverton insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis.