Shopping online for Zachary auto insurance may seem to be difficult if you’re new to online quotes. But relax because it’s actually quite easy.
How to Get Auto Insurance in Zachary, LA
Most major insurance companies such as Allstate, Geico and Progressive give coverage price quotes directly from their websites. Getting online quotes is pretty painless as you just enter your coverage information as detailed in the form. Once entered, the system gets credit information and your driving record and returns a price based on these factors.
Online price quotes makes comparing rates easy, but having to visit a lot of sites and fill out multiple forms can be a bit tiresome and repetitive. But it’s absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes if you are searching for lower prices.
The smarter way to compare rates uses one form that gets price quotes from several different companies. It saves time, eliminates form submissions, and makes online price comparison much more efficient. After sending the form, it gets priced and you are able to buy your choice of the pricing results. If the quotes result in lower rates, you can simply submit the application and purchase the new policy. This process takes less than 15 minutes and you will know how your current rates stack up.
If you want to use this form to compare rates, click here and begin entering your coverage information. To compare your current rates, we recommend you duplicate the coverages as shown on your current policy. This helps ensure you will get comparison quotes for similar coverage.
Pay less by taking advantage of discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down both well-publicized and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a driver safety course could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Military Discounts – Having a family member in the military can result in better rates.
- Life Insurance Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give lower rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
- Sign Online – Certain companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing online.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child take driver’s ed class in high school.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on one policy qualifies for this discount.
It’s important to note that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck.
To choose companies offering auto insurance discounts in Louisiana, follow this link.
Are insurance agents a thing of the past?
Some people just want to buy from a local agent and that is a personal choice. Good agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is you can get the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your information is immediately sent to participating agents in Zachary who will battle for your business. You won’t need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. It doesn’t get any easier!
Choosing an insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Any agent should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- How many years of experience in personal lines insurance coverages do they have?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
The different types of insurance agents
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple different types of agents from which to choose. Zachary agents are either independent or captive. While both can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s good to learn the difference between them because it can impact your selection of an agent.
Captive agents write business for a single company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers sometimes purchase coverage from captives primarily because of loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
Shown below is a list of captive insurance agencies in Zachary who may provide you with price quote information.
- State Farm Insurance – 4698 Highway 19 – Zachary, LA 70791 – (225) 654-0012
- Shelter Insurance – 5568 Main St – Zachary, LA 70791 – (225) 654-8897
- Allstate Insurance – 4709 Main St – Zachary, LA 70791 – (225) 654-4292
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 5037 Main St – Zachary, LA 70791 – (225) 658-0290
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies do not work for one specific company but instead can place your coverage with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparison shopping, it’s recommended you include multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. They often place coverage with different regional companies who may have lower rates.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Zachary willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Castello Agency General Ins – 5353 Main St # A – Zachary, LA 70791 – (225) 654-2313
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 5037 Main St – Zachary, LA 70791 – (225) 658-0290
- Usagencies Casualty Insurance – 5875 Main St – Zachary, LA 70791 – (225) 928-9000
For a full directory of licensed insurance agents in Zachary, please go to this site.
After receiving answers to your satisfaction to these questions and a good coverage price, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that can properly service your auto insurance policy.
Your personal situation dictates your coverage
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you may require specific advice.
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in Louisiana?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be read at the Louisiana Department of Insurance website. Consumers can read industry bulletins, discover disciplinary actions, read state legal mandates and laws, and find out industry alerts.
A little work can save a LOT of money
When you buy insurance online, never reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in paying claims, extreme rates for teen drivers or even delays in responding to claim requests. No matter why you want to switch, switching auto insurance companies can be easier than you think.
Lower-priced auto insurance can be purchased both online in addition to many Zachary insurance agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who do not provide online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.