Are you a victim of high-priced car insurance? Believe me when I say there are a lot of people in Mooresville just like you who feel imprisoned by their car insurance policy.
Multiple car insurance companies compete for your business, and because of this it can be hard to compare auto insurance companies to discover the definitive lowest price
It’s important to compare prices on a regular basis since insurance rates tend to go up over time. Even if you think you had the lowest rates on your last policy there may be better deals available now. There is a lot of bad information regarding car insurance on the web, but we’re going to give you some excellent ideas to find affordable car insurance.
If you currently have car insurance, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your premiums substantially using this information. Finding affordable coverage in Mooresville is not rocket science. Although North Carolina drivers benefit from understanding how insurance companies market insurance on the web and apply this information to your search.
Where Can I Get Cheap Mooresville Car Insurance?
To find the best car insurance prices, there are several ways of comparing rates and find the best price. The recommended way to find competitive insurance rates is to perform an online rate comparison. This can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
The first (and easiest) way consumers can make multiple comparisons would be an industry-wide quote request form click here to open form in new window. This form eliminates the need for separate forms for every car insurance company. Taking the time to complete one form gets rate comparisons from several companies.
A more difficult way to compare rate quotes requires visiting the website of each company to request a price quote. For sake of this example, we’ll pretend you want to compare rates from Progressive, State Farm and Liberty Mutual. You would have to spend time on each company’s site and enter your information, and that’s why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Mooresville, click here.
Whichever method you choose, compare exactly the same information on every quote you get. If you have different deductibles then you won’t be able to determine the best price in Mooresville. Quoting even small variations in limits may result in large price differences. It’s important to know that comparing a large number of companies helps locate lower pricing.
Verify you’re getting all your discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise all available discounts very well, so the following is a list of both the well known and the harder-to-find car insurance savings.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new car can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
Consumers should know that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
For a list of providers with the best car insurance discounts in Mooresville, click this link.
What impacts Mooresville insurance rates?
It’s important that you understand the factors that go into determining your car insurance rates. Understanding what influences your rates enables informed choices that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
- Don’t let your coverage lapse – Not having insurance is illegal and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage lapse. And not only will your rates increase, but not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a steep fine or even jail time.You may need to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the North Carolina motor vehicle department.
- Don’t get talked into coverage you don’t need – There are many additional coverages that you can buy on your car insurance policy. Things like rental car reimbursement, towing coverage and membership fees are some examples. These coverages may sound good when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so remove them from your policy.
- Sex matters – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Women and men are in accidents in similar numbers, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. They also get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Performance makes a difference – The performance of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. The lowest rates tend to be for lower performance four cylinder passenger models, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – The majority of insurance companies will give a discount to customers who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it’s still a good idea to compare other company rates to verify if the discount is saving money.
When should I talk to an agent?
When it comes to buying the best car insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions might help in determining whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- If my vehicle is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Is my vehicle covered for flood damage?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- When should I not file a claim?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Additional detailed information can be found at the North Carolina Department of Insurance website. North Carolina drivers can read consumer alerts, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, and find a variety of consumer forms.
Don’t listen to company ads
State Farm, Geico and Progressive regularly use television and radio advertisements. All the companies have a common claim about savings if you move your policy. How does each company claim to save you money? This is how they do it.
All the different companies have a preferred profile for the type of customer that is profitable for them. An example of a driver they prefer might be between 30 and 50, has no driving citations, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A customer getting a price quote that hits that “sweet spot” gets the lowest rates and therefore will save when switching.
Potential customers who don’t meet the “perfect” profile will have to pay higher rates and this can result in business going elsewhere. The ads say “customers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much. This is how insurance companies can make those claims. Because of the profiling, you should compare as many rates as you can. It is impossible to predict which insurance companies will have the lowest rates.
Better coverage you can count on
Cost effective car insurance is possible online and with local Mooresville insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies do not offer online quoting and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.