Are you overwhelmed by the crazy number of car insurance companies in Pompano Beach? You’re not alone. Drivers have so many options that it can turn into more work than you anticipated to find lower rates.
You should take the time to compare prices occasionally since rates change regularly. Just because you had the best price a couple years back you may be paying too much now. You can find a lot of wrong information about car insurance online, so I’m going to show you the easiest ways to reduce your car insurance bill.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you should be able to reduce your rates substantially using these techniques. This information will help educate you on how car insurance quotes work. But Florida car owners must understand the way companies market insurance on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
Free Quotes for Car Insurance in Pompano Beach, Florida
All major car insurance companies quote price estimates on their websites. Getting online quotes is pretty painless as you just enter your coverage preferences into the quote form. When the form is submitted, the system pulls credit information and your driving record and returns pricing information.
This makes it a lot easier to compare rates but the work required to visit many different websites and fill out multiple forms is repetitive and time-consuming. But it is imperative to have as many quotes as possible in order to get better car insurance pricing.
The smarter way to get multiple rate quotes utilizes a single form to get prices from more than one company. This type of form saves time, requires less work, and makes online price comparison much more enjoyable and efficient. As soon as you send your information, it gets priced and you are able to buy any of the pricing results. If the quotes result in lower rates, you can simply submit the application and buy the policy. The whole process takes less than 15 minutes and can result in significant savings.
In order to find out if lower rates are available, click here to open in new window and enter your vehicle and coverage information. To compare your current rates, we recommend you input the coverage information identical to your current policy. This helps ensure you’re receiving a fair comparison for exact coverage.
Car insurance providers like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO consistently run ads in print and on television. They all have a common claim that you’ll save big if you change to them. But how can every company make almost identical claims?
All the different companies can use profiling for the right customer that makes them money. For instance, a driver they prefer might be between 25 and 40, is a homeowner, and chooses high deductibles. A customer getting a price quote that hits that “sweet spot” gets the lowest rates and as a result will probably cut their rates substantially.
Consumers who don’t meet the requirements will have to pay higher rates which leads to the customer not buying. The ads say “drivers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much money. That is how companies can advertise the savings. Because of the profiling, you need to get quotes from several different companies. You cannot predict which car insurance company will provide you with the cheapest rates.
Rate influencing factors
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that go into determining the rates you pay for car insurance. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate rates.
- Low deductibles can be expensive – Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are colliding with a building, vandalism, and windstorm damage. Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Don’t buy coverages you don’t need – There are a lot of additional coverages that you can buy if you aren’t careful. Insurance for roadside assistance, towing coverage and term life insurance may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea when talking to your agent, but if they’re wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Males pay more for insurance – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are better drivers. They both are in accidents at about the same rate, but the males cause more damage. They also receive more costly citations like reckless driving and DUI. Male drivers age 16 to 19 tend to get in the most accidents and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
- Traffic citations inflate rates – Your driving citation history has a huge affect on how much you pay. Just one ticket can increase rates by as much as thirty percent. Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than bad drivers. Drivers who have serious citations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to submit a SR-22 form with their state DMV in order to continue driving.
- Do you have a high stress job? – Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Careers like doctors, architects and financial analysts tend to have higher average rates because of job stress and long work hours. Conversely, occupations like farmers, engineers and homemakers receive lower rates.
Pay less by taking advantage of discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise all their discounts very well, so here is a list some of the best known and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you will save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- College Student – Youth drivers who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To see a list of providers with discount car insurance rates in Pompano Beach, click this link.
Your coverage should be tailored to you
When choosing adequate coverage, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Every insured’s situation is different.
For instance, these questions might point out whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Florida?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Pompano Beach?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Buy online or local, you save
When you buy insurance online, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, an insured dropped physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Drivers who switch companies do it for many reasons like high prices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in paying claims or even delays in responding to claim requests. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company can be less work than you think.
Cost effective car insurance can be bought online as well as from independent agents in Pompano Beach, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
Even more information is located at the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation website. Florida drivers can read consumer alerts, find disaster information, and read industry bulletins.