Feeling guilty for buying an underperforming, overpriced car insurance policy? Believe me, there are many Parker drivers thinking the same thing. Big-name insurance companies like State Farm and Geico continually bombard you with advertising and it is challenging if not impossible to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Consumers should take time to shop coverage around before your policy renews because prices tend to go up over time. Even if you got the best rate at your last renewal you will most likely find a better premium rate today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re about to learn the fastest and easiest way to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
All major car insurance companies allow consumers to get coverage price quotes directly from their websites. Doing online quotes is very simple as you just type in your required coverages into a form. When the form is submitted, the company’s rating system gets information on your driving record and credit history and gives you a price quote based on the information you submitted. Quoting online makes it simple to compare prices but the process of having to visit a lot of sites and type in the same information can be a bit repetitive. But it’s absolutely necessary to perform this step if you are searching for the best price on car insurance.
There is a better way to compare rates
A quicker way to compare rates uses one simple form that gets price quotes from several different companies. It saves time, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes online price comparison much more enjoyable and efficient. Immediately after submitting the form, it gets priced and you can choose any or none of the pricing results.
If you find a better price you can click and sign and buy the new coverage. This process takes just a few minutes to complete and you will find out if you’re overpaying now.
To find out what other companies charge, click here to open in new window and begin entering your coverage information. To compare your current rates, we recommend you input coverages and limits just like they are on your policy. This helps ensure you will have an apples-to-apples comparison for exact coverage.
You have control over your car insurance rates
Lots of things are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, although some other factors are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are. The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that go into determining the rates you pay for car insurance. When you understand what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get better car insurance rates.
The following are a few of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rates.
- Less chance of injury means lower premiums – Cars with high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles result in less severe injuries and fewer serious injuries translates directly to fewer claims and cheaper rates on your policy.
- Save miles and save money – Driving a lot of miles in a year’s time the more it will cost to insure it. The majority of insurers price each vehicle’s coverage determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Ask your agent if your car insurance coverage properly reflects the right rating data, because it can save money.
- Stressful employer may mean higher premiums – Careers such as doctors, executives and stock brokers tend to have higher premium rates because of intense work-related stress and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, jobs such as farmers, engineers and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average.
- Performance affects insurance prices – The type of car you need to insure makes a huge difference in your car insurance bill. The lowest performance passenger models generally receive the lowest base rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Car insurance liability protection limits – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will provide protection in the event that you are ruled to be at fault for damages from an accident. This coverage provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. Liability is cheap compared to other policy coverages, so buy as much as you can afford.
Get lower rates with these car insurance discounts
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you might find some hidden discounts to help offset the cost. Certain discounts will be applied when you quote, but a few must be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- E-sign Discounts</strong – Some car insurance companies will give you a small discount on the internet.
- Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure multiple cars or trucks with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Professional Memberships – Participating in a professional or civic organization could trigger savings on your bill.
- Full Payment Discount – By making one initial payment as opposed to paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could provide a small rate reduction depending on your car insurance provider.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not necessarily a discount, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will turn a blind eye to one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having an actively deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Parker Homeowners Discount – Owning a house in Parker can help you save on car insurance since owning and maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving less could be rewarded with discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control can reduce accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
As a footnote on discounts, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
To see a list of insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Parker, follow this link.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
There are still a few companies who don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and these smaller companies sell through independent agencies. Budget-friendly car insurance is available online and from local agencies, so compare prices from both to get a complete price analysis.
When shopping online for car insurance, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced collision coverage to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Additional information can be found on the found here. Pennsylvania consumers can view agent and company licensing information, view a list of available companies, read consumer alerts, and read enforcement actions against agents and companies.
These articles may also be worth reading.