Are you overwhelmed by the wide range of car insurance companies in Salisbury? Many other drivers are as well. There are so many options available that it can quickly become a real challenge to find the perfect company for you.
It’s important to check car insurance prices before your policy renews due to the fact that insurance rates trend upward over time. Even if you got the best deal two years ago other companies may now be cheaper. There is a lot of bad information regarding car insurance on the internet, so we’re going to give you some great ideas on how to find affordable car insurance.
If you have car insurance now, you should be able to lower your premiums substantially using these tips. Pricing the best protection in Salisbury can be fairly easy. But North Carolina vehicle owners do need to understand how big insurance companies market on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
Free Salisbury Car Insurance Quotes
Most companies like State Farm, Allstate and Geico provide pricing directly from their websites. This process is quite easy as you simply type in your coverage preferences into the quote form. After you complete the form, their system gets your driving and credit reports and returns pricing information.
This makes it a lot easier to compare rates but having to visit different websites and enter the same data into a form is not the best way to spend an afternoon. But it’s very important to perform this step in order to get a better rate.
There is a better way!
An easier way to compare car insurance pricing uses one form to return rates from several different companies. It saves time, eliminates repetitive work, and makes online quotes much more enjoyable and efficient. Once the form is submitted, your coverage is rated and you are able to buy any or none of the resulting price quotes. If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you can simply submit the application and purchase the new policy. The entire process takes just a few minutes to complete and could lower your rates considerably.
To find out if lower rates are available, click here to open in a new tab and enter your vehicle and coverage information. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you type in identical to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will have comparison quotes for exact coverage.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Car insurance companies do not advertise all available discounts very clearly, so here is a list some of the best known and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for all your vehicles on the same car insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Accident Waiver – Certain companies will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers pay less when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free car insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky.
To see a list of insurers with discount car insurance rates in Salisbury, click here to view.
Decisions you make can impact your rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. Understanding what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in better car insurance rates.
- Safer cars are cheaper to insure – Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies and thus lower rates.
- Cautious drivers pay less – Your driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Even a single moving violation can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates than bad drivers. Drivers who get serious violations like DUI or reckless driving may be required to submit a SR-22 form with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
- Performance level impacts rates – The performance of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a big difference in the rate you pay. Economy passenger vehicles receive the most favorable rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – The more you drive every year the higher your rate. Almost all companies apply a rate determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos left parked in the garage can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Make sure your car insurance policy shows the correct driver usage, because it can save money.
- High numbers of claims are not good – If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance companies in North Carolina give lower rates to insureds who do not file claims often. Auto insurance is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- Do you need the policy add-ons? – There are a lot of add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your car insurance policy. Things like roadside assistance, accidental death and additional equipment coverage are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment initially, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – The majority of companies give discounts to insureds who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to compare other company rates to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Don’t sacrifice liability coverage – The liability section of your policy is the coverage that protects you when you are found to be at fault for damages from an accident. Liability provides for a legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
More detailed North Carolina car insurance information can be found at the North Carolina Department of Insurance website. North Carolina drivers can read enforcement actions against agents and companies, discover disciplinary actions, find out industry alerts, and download brochures.
The following information may also be useful.
- Learn to Find the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates From Agencies in Salisbury
- Free Guide to Cutting Costs on Salisbury Maryland Car Insurance Online
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
While you’re price shopping online, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
People switch companies for many reasons like policy non-renewal, extreme rates for teen drivers, not issuing a premium refund and policy cancellation. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be less work than you think.
Cheap car insurance is attainable both online in addition to many Salisbury insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not provide online quoting and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.