Finding low-cost Sandy car insurance over the internet may be rather difficult for consumers that are not comfortable with quoting and price shopping on the web. With dozens of online companies, how are we expected to have the ability to compare each option to find the best available price?
It’s a good habit to price shop coverage periodically because rates tend to go up over time. If you had the best premium rates a few years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re going to learn how to quote online to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Drivers save money with these discounts
Car insurance is expensive, but there may be some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain discounts will be applied when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically in order for you to get them.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time as opposed to paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies provide a discount for switching policies early. It can save you around 10%.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks on a single policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a vehicle that is new can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Student Driver Training – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Completing a class that teaches driver safety techniques can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than less cautious drivers.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- State Farm has savings for anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, multiple autos, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, and good student.
- GEICO includes discounts for defensive driver, emergency military deployment, membership and employees, five-year accident-free, and anti-lock brakes.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for new move discount, teen driver discount, newly retired, hybrid vehicle, and preferred payment discount.
- The Hartford may include discounts for defensive driver, air bag, anti-theft, driver training, vehicle fuel type, bundle, and good student.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, claim-free, accident-free, good driver, and good student.
- Progressive discounts include online signing, multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, and homeowner.
Double check with every company which credits you are entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in every state.
There are a lot of ways to shop for car insurance, but some are less labor-intensive and much quicker. You could spend your day talking about coverages with insurance companies in Sandy, or you could save time and use the internet to achieve your goal.
Most car insurance companies participate in a marketplace that enables customers to send in one quote, and each participating company returns a competitive quote based on the submitted data. This prevents consumers from doing quotation requests to each individual car insurance company.
To participate in this free quote system, click here to open in new window.
The one downside to pricing coverage this way is you are unable to specify which companies to get pricing from. So if you prefer to choose from a list of companies to compare, we have assembled a list of the cheapest car insurance companies in Oregon. Click to view list.
Whichever method you choose, compare the exact same coverage information on every price quote you get. If each company quotes mixed coverages then you won’t be able to determine which rate is truly the best in Sandy.
Online plus local equals savings
We just presented many ways to shop for car insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding . Consumers may even find the lowest auto insurance rates come from the smaller companies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, someone dropped physical damage coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, questionable increases in premium, extreme rates for teen drivers or policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company can be easier than you think.