If you are a novice to online car insurance shopping, you may be confused by the vast number of online companies offering coverage in Savage.
How to Lower Your Car Insurance Cost in Savage
Getting a lower price on insurance isn’t really that difficult. All that’s required is to spend a few minutes comparing rates provided by online insurance companies. This can be accomplished in several different ways.
- The recommended way to get the best comparison quotes would be an industry-wide quote request form (click to open form in new window). This form keeps you from doing boring form submissions for each company you want a rate for. A single, simple form will get you rate comparisons from several companies.It’s the quickest way to get rates.
- A more difficult way to compare prices requires visiting the website of each company and complete a new quote form. For example, let’s say you want comparison quotes from State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. To find out each rate you need to take the time to go to each site to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is quicker. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Savage, click here.
- The hardest method to get comparison rates is to spend time driving to and from local Savage insurance agencies. The internet eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you require the trained guidance of a licensed agent. Drivers can price shop your coverage online and get advice from an agent in your area and you’ll learn how to do that later.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just be sure to compare apples-to-apples coverage information on every quote. If your comparisons have differing limits it will be very difficult to truly determine the lowest rate in Savage.
Neighborhood agents for car insurance
A small number of people would prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a personal choice. Professional agents can help determine the best coverages and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is you can get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. And supporting small agencies is definitely important in Savage.
After filling out this short form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who will battle for your insurance coverage. There is no need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. How’s that for easy!
The type of auto insurance agent you choose is important
When finding a local agent, there are two types of insurance agents from which to choose. Savage agents are either independent or captive. While both can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know the difference between them because it can influence your selection of an agent.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-11.jpg" alt="Car insurance in Minnesota” />
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not employed by any specific company but rather can write business amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparison shopping, it’s recommended you include price quotes from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most have the option of insuring with different regional companies which can save you money.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Savage who may be able to give you pricing information.
- Sarah Wussow Insurance Inc – 4200 County Road 42 W – Savage, MN 55378 – (952) 882-0516
- Connell Insurance – 4819 W 123rd St – Savage, MN 55378 – (952) 895-9700
Captive agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. They are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which can be an advantage. Some people will only buy insurance from these agents mainly due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are captive agents in Savage willing to provide rate quotes.
- American Family Insurance – 12400 Princeton Ave – Savage, MN 55378 – (651) 894-8910
For a full directory of captive agencies in Savage, visit this site.
Picking a car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Minnesota?
- How are they compensated?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
Once you have answers to your satisfaction for all questions you ask and locked in a price quote, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that meets your needs to adequately provide car insurance.
More information is available on the Minnesota Department of Commerce website through this link. Minnesota consumers can download brochures, read state legal mandates and laws, and learn about insurance regulations.