Perplexed by the dozens of car insurance company choices in Greenville? Lot’s of other consumers are too. Drivers have so many companies to choose from that it can easily become a ton of work to locate the lowest price.
Car Insurance Comparison Rates in Greenville, NC
All the larger car insurance companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm allow you to get coverage prices on their websites. Getting quotes is fairly straightforward as you simply type in your required coverages as detailed in the form. Upon sending the form, the company’s rating system requests credit information and your driving record and quotes a price.
Quoting online makes comparing rates easy, but the time required to go to a lot of sites and fill out multiple forms can be a bit tiresome and repetitive. But it’s very important to do this in order to get the best price on car insurance.
There is a better way!
A less time-consuming method to locate the lowest prices uses one simple form to obtain quotes from a lot of companies. This type of form saves time, reduces the work, and makes price shopping online much more efficient. Immediately after submitting the form, it is rated with multiple companies and you can pick your choice of the returned quotes.
If you find a better price you can simply submit the application and buy the new coverage. This process takes just a few minutes to complete and you will find out if you’re overpaying now.
To compare pricing, simply click here to open in new window and complete the simple form. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you type in the insurance coverages as shown on your current policy. Doing this assures you will receive a rate comparison for similar coverage.
Policy discounts you shouldn’t miss
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help offset the cost. Some trigger automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some must be inquired about prior to getting the savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Own a Home – Simply owning a home can help you save on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for reduced rates.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% depending on your company.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids who live away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies offer discounts for switching policies prior to your current policy expiration. The savings is around 10%.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger companies have lower rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a defensive driving course could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount will bring down your premiums.
To choose insurance companies with the best car insurance discounts in North Carolina, click here to view.
Many Things Influence your Rates
It’s important that you understand the factors that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. Knowing what influences your rates enables informed choices that may reward you with big savings.
- Where you live can impact rates – Living in small towns and rural areas can save you money when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Urban drivers regularly have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Higher commute times can result in more accidents.
- Don’t buy coverages you don’t need – There are many additional coverages that you can buy on your policy. Coverages like personal injury protection, towing coverage and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but if you don’t need them get rid of them and save.
- Allowing your policy to lapse raises rates – Driving your car without having proper coverage is illegal and as a result your rates will increase for letting your coverage have a gap. Not only will you pay more, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a steep fine or even jail time.
- Men pay higher rates – Statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that women are BETTER drivers than men. They both tend to get into accidents in similar percentages, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also statistically get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI.
Buying car insurance locally
A small number of people would rather sit down with an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Professional agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. The best thing about getting online price quotes is you may find the best rates and still choose a local agent. And providing support for local businesses is important particularly in Greenville.
After completing this short form, your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Greenville who will compete for your insurance coverage. There is no need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. Now that’s easy!
Choose the right insurance agent
When looking for a good insurance agency, there are two different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Greenville can either be independent (non-captive) or captive. While both can write coverage properly, but it’s good to learn how they differ since it may influence buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not required to write business for one company so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When searching for an agent, it’s a good idea to include at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from. Most have the option of insuring with smaller regional carriers which can save you money.
The following is a list of independent agents in Greenville who can help you get price quote information.
- Nationwide Insurance – 504 Red Banks Rd # C – Greenville, NC 27858 – (252) 756-0160
- Southern Insurance – – Greenville, NC 27858 – (252) 353-4800
- Cline Hall Agency Inc – 3750 S Evans St # B – Greenville, NC 27834 – (252) 756-5200
- Styons Agency – 2424 Charles Blvd – Greenville, NC 27858 – (252) 756-1400
- Modlin Agency – 2408 Charles Blvd # 1 – Greenville, NC 27858 – (252) 355-7557
These agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. Captive agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Some people will only choose to use a captive agent mostly because of high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
Listed below is a list of captive agents in Greenville that can give you price quote information.
- State Farm Insurance – 3011 S Memorial Dr – Greenville, NC 27834 – (252) 756-7280
- Allstate Insurance Co – 2419 Charles Blvd – Greenville, NC 27858 – (252) 756-0185
For a complete listing of Greenville captive agents, please view this page.
Picking an auto insurance agent should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in North Carolina?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
Upon getting answers to your satisfaction to these questions and an affordable coverage quote, you’ve probably found a car insurance agent that will insure your vehicles.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether you could use an agent’s help.
- What are North Carolina no-fault laws?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does my vehicle qualify for pleasure use?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Should I buy only the required North Carolina minimum liability coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Much more information about car insurance in North Carolina can be found on the North Carolina Department of Insurance website. Click here for link. North Carolina consumers can find a variety of consumer forms, find disaster information, read industry bulletins, and discover disciplinary actions.
These articles may also be worth reading.
- Is Your Greenville South Carolina Car Insurance Breaking the Bank?
- Greenville, SC Car Insurance Buying Tips You Arent Supposed to Know
- Greenville, NC Car Insurance For Less Than Youre Paying Now
One last thing
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Affordable car insurance is available both online as well as from independent agents in Greenville, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies don’t offer online quoting and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
People switch companies for any number of reasons including high prices, delays in paying claims, high rates after DUI convictions and lack of trust in their agent. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company is not as hard as you think.