Perplexed by the dozens of auto insurance companies in Jennings? Many other consumers are too. There are so many options available that it can easily become a real hassle to find the best price.
It’s important to compare prices before your policy renews because prices change regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates six months ago there may be better deals available now. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about auto insurance online, so we’re going to give you some proven techniques to stop overpaying for insurance.
Vehicle Insurance Comparison
Comparing auto insurance rates is a ton of work if you don’t know the most efficient way. You could spend the better part of a day discussing policy coverages with local insurance agents in Jennings, or you can utilize the web to get rate comparisons in just a few minutes.
The majority of car insurance companies are enrolled in a marketplace where prospective buyers enter their policy data once, and every company returns a rated price determined by their information. This saves time by eliminating quote forms to each individual auto insurance company.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now click here (opens in new window).
The only drawback to using this type of form is you don’t know exactly the providers to get quotes from. So if you want to choose from a list of companies for rate comparison, we put together a list of auto insurance companies in Louisiana. Click here for list of insurance companies in Louisiana.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just ensure you’re using identical coverage limits for every quote you compare. If you compare different limits and deductibles on each one it’s impossible to make an equal comparison in Jennings.
Discounts are basically free money
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you can get discounts to help offset the cost. Some trigger automatically when you complete an application, but a few need to be inquired about before they will apply. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new car can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck. But any discount will cut your overall premium however.
Which insurance is the “right” coverage?
When choosing coverage, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Online resources for education
More information can be read on the Louisiana Department of Insurance website. Click here for link. Consumers can view agent and company licensing information, read state legal mandates and laws, find out industry alerts, and get help finding coverage.