Are you tired of sacrificing to insure your vehicles every month? You have the same problem as many other Mississippi consumers. Big companies like State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate all promote huge savings with ads and consumers find it hard to separate fact from fiction and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
The quickest method to compare car insurance rates is to know the fact most of the bigger providers pay for the opportunity to compare rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide details like if you are currently licensed, deductibles desired, if the car is leased, and how much school you completed. Those rating factors gets transmitted to multiple different insurance companies and they return cost estimates with very little delay.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your car now, click here and complete the form.
Lower your car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be applied when you quote, but some must be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Life Insurance – Select insurance carriers reward you with a discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your .
- Accident Free – Kosciusko drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them complete a driver education course in school.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not really a discount, but a few companies such as Progressive, State Farm and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident without raising rates with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to the accident.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying in monthly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Paper-free Discount – Some of the larger companies may give you up to $50 for completing your application on the internet.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride. But any discount will reduce the cost of your policy.
A partial list of companies that may include most of the discounts above include:<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-49.jpg" alt="lower rates in Kosciusko MS” />
It’s a good idea to ask every company how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies everywhere. To see car insurance companies with significant discounts in Kosciusko, click this link.
Good choices result in lower costs
Lots of factors are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but some are not quite as obvious like where you live or your vehicle rating.
The list below includes most of the major factors that factor into premiums.
- Save miles driven and save money – Driving a lot of miles every year the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies rate vehicles based upon how much you drive. Cars that sit idle most of the time can be on a lower rate level than cars that get driven a lot. Make sure your car insurance declarations sheet is showing the correct driver usage.
- Do males or females drive better? – Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Women and men get in accidents at a similar rate, but the men get into accidents with more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men get more serious tickets such as reckless driving.
- Lower rates come with age – Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and are safer drivers.Young drivers have a tendency to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- Use credit responsibly and save – Having a good credit score is a large factor in your rate calculation. Drivers who have very high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure than drivers who have lower credit scores. If your credit could use some work, you could pay less to insure your vehicle by improving your credit score.
- Lower performance equals lower insurance rates – The make and model of the vehicle you own makes a big difference in your car insurance bill. The best insurance prices tend to be for the lowest performance passenger models, but your final cost has many other factors.
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
When choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Are my friends covered when driving my vehicle?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my vehicle?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
More tips and info about car insurance is located at the Mississippi Insurance Department website. Consumers can file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, read industry bulletins, and read consumer alerts.
Does car insurance advertising bend the truth?
Car insurance providers like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm regularly use television and radio advertisements. They all have a common claim about saving some big amount if you just switch your car insurance policy to them. How does every car insurance company have lower policy pricing?
Many companies have specific characteristics for the type of customer that will add to their bottom line. A good example of this type of driver might be described as over the age of 40, owns their home, and has excellent credit. A customer who matches those parameters will get the preferred rates and will also save when switching.
Insureds who don’t meet the ideal profile must pay higher prices and the customer buying from a different company. The wording the ads use say “drivers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” can get the lowest rates when switching. That’s the way insurance companies can make those statements. This really drives home the point why drivers should get as many as possible. It is impossible to guess with any certainty which company will fit your personal profile best.
More effort can pay off
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
Lower-priced car insurance can be bought online as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some car insurance companies may not provide online rate quotes and these regional carriers prefer to sell through local independent agents.