I can’t think of a single person who looks forward to buying car insurance, especially knowing the cost is too high.
Multiple car insurance companies compete for your hard-earned dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates to discover the definitive lowest price
It’s a great practice to price shop coverage quite often because prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates two years ago you may be paying too much now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re about to find out the best methods to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
These discounts can lower your rates
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there could be available discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some discounts apply automatically at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be asked about before they will apply.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off your medical payments premium.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a driver safety course could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- New Car Discount – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can save up to 30% since new cars are generally safer.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck. But any discount will cut your overall premium however.
To choose insurers who offer car insurance discounts in Lacey, click this link.
Free Quotes for Car Insurance in Lacey
Most major insurance companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive quote pricing online. Getting quotes doesn’t take much effort as you simply enter as requested by the quote form. After you submit the form the system sends out for your driving and credit reports and generates pricing information. Being able to quote online makes comparing rates easy, but the process of having to visit many different websites and fill out multiple forms gets old quite quickly. But it’s absolutely necessary to compare as many rates as possible in order to get lower prices.
The easy way to compare rates<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-24.jpg" alt="Washington car insurance quote”/>
The easiest way to get multiple rate quotes requires only one form that obtains quotes from more than one company. The form is fast, requires less work, and makes comparison shopping much more efficient. As soon as you send your information, it gets priced and you can choose any of the price quotes you receive.
If you find a better price you simply finish the application and buy the policy. The whole process can be completed in less than 10 minutes and may result in a nice savings.
If you want to find out how much you’re overpaying now, click here to open in a new tab and input your coverage information. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you enter identical to your current policy. This makes sure you will be getting an apples-to-apples comparison for the exact same coverage.
Many Things Influence your Rates
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that come into play when calculating car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
- Where you reside plays a part – Residing in less populated areas is a positive aspect when it comes to car insurance. Urban drivers tend to have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – Many insurance companies provide better rates to policyholders who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, you may still want to shop around to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Equipment add-ons that lower car insurance rates – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
- Proper usage rating affects rates – The more miles you rack up on your car every year the higher your rate. Most insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos that are left in the garage get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. Verify your car insurance policy is rated on how each vehicle is driven.
- Your car insurance rates can be influenced by your job – Occupations like real estate brokers, executives and stock brokers have the highest rates attributed to high stress and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, occupations such as scientists, students and retirees get better rates.
- Lower deductibles cost more – Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be collision with another vehicle, vandalism, or theft. Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the less your car insurance will be.
- What type of vehicle do you drive? – The performance level of the vehicle you own makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. The most favorable rates are for low performance passenger vehicles, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- How’s your driving record? – Whether or not you get tickets has a huge affect on how much you pay. Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. Even one speeding ticket may increase your cost by twenty percent. Drivers with dangerous tickets such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
Do car insurance companies bend the truth?
Car insurance companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive continually stream television and radio advertisements. They all seem to have a common claim of big savings after switching your policy. How do they all say the same thing? It’s all in the numbers.
Insurance companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of customer that makes them money. For example, a profitable customer could be over the age of 40, a clean driving record, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A customer getting a price quote who meets those qualifications will qualify for the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to save when switching.
Potential customers who don’t meet this ideal profile will have to pay a higher premium and ends up with business not being written. The ad wording is “customers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that kind of money. This is how companies can truthfully state the savings.
Because of the profiling, drivers must get as many quotes as possible. It is impossible to predict the company that will give you the biggest savings.
Best coverage at the best price
You just learned some good ideas how you can save on car insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the best prices are with the smaller companies. They may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Affordable car insurance can be sourced online in addition to many Lacey insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Much more information about car insurance in Washington is available on the website for the Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner found here. Consumers can find a variety of consumer forms, learn about insurance regulations, and view agent and company licensing information.