Perplexed by the wide range of car insurance choices in Santa Clarita? You’re not alone. Consumers have so many companies to choose from that it can easily become a real challenge to compare prices.
Finding affordable coverage in Santa Clarita is quite easy. If you currently have car insurance, you stand a good chance to be able to cut costs considerably using this information. But California vehicle owners must comprehend how the larger insurance companies market insurance on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
Where Can I Get Cheap Santa Clarita Car Insurance?
All the larger car insurance companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO allow you to get price estimates directly from their websites. Getting quotes is quite easy as you simply type in your personal and coverage information as requested by the quote form. Behind the scenes, their rating system will obtain your driving record and credit report and gives you a price quote based on these factors.
Online quotes makes it a lot easier to compare rates but having to visit multiple sites and enter the same data into a form is monotonous and tiresome. But it is imperative to get many rate quotes in order to get the lowest car insurance rates.
A more efficient way to compare car insurance pricing makes use of a single form that gets prices from a bunch of companies at once. This type of form saves time, eliminates form submissions, and makes rate comparisons much more enjoyable. As soon as the form is sent, it is rated and you can select your choice of the quotes that you receive. If you find a better price you can click and sign and buy the new coverage. The whole process only takes a few minutes and may result in a nice savings.
To save time and find out how much you’re overpaying now, simply click here to open in new window and complete the simple form. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you copy coverages and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this guarantees you’re receiving an apples-to-apples comparison based on similar coverages.
The car insurance bait and switch
Car insurance companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO regularly use television and radio advertisements. They all seem to have a common claim of big savings if you move to their company. How can each company claim to save you money? This is how they do it.
All the different companies have a preferred profile for the type of customer that is profitable for them. For instance, a preferred risk might be profiled as a mature driver, is a homeowner, and drives newer vehicles. A customer who meets those qualifications will get the preferred rates and therefore will save when switching.
Potential insureds who don’t qualify for the requirements will be quoted higher rates and ends up with business not being written. Company advertisements say “customers that switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much money. That’s why insurance companies can claim big savings. This emphasizes why it’s extremely important to get quotes from several different companies. It’s not possible to predict which car insurance company will give you the biggest savings.
Pay less by taking advantage of discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise every discount very well, so here is a list both well-publicized as well as the least known car insurance savings.
- Early Signing – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy before your current policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- New Car Discount – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can save up to 30% because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive reduced rates.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house in Santa Clarita can save you money because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to certain professional organizations could trigger savings on your policy.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% with a few car insurance companies.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
For a list of insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in California, click this link.
Do I need a local agent?
Certain consumers would prefer to talk to a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will battle for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to leave your house as quotes are delivered to your email. Now that’s easy! You’ll get the best rates and an insurance agent to talk to.
Selecting a company needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- How long has their agency been in business in Santa Clarita?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
If you prefer to view licensed agents in Santa Clarita, go to this page.
Once you have positive feedback to these questions as well as a affordable price, it’s possible that you found an provider that is a good match to adequately provide car insurance.
How to know if you need help
When choosing the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- If my vehicle is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- When should I drop full coverage on my vehicle?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
More detailed California car insurance information is available at the California Department of Insurance website. Visitors are able to report car insurance fraud, download brochures, learn about specific coverages, and view a list of available companies.
Other related articles:
Better coverage you can count on
Insureds switch companies for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, denial of a claim, policy cancellation and unfair underwriting practices. Whatever your reason, finding a new car insurance company is less work than it seems.
In this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to shop for car insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may be surprised to find that the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies.
Discount car insurance can be found both online in addition to many Santa Clarita insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who do not provide online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.