Are you overwhelmed by the number of car insurance choices in Soldotna? You have a lot of company. People have so many options that it can be a real challenge to compare prices.
Smart consumers take time to do rate comparisons once or twice a year because insurance rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates last year you may be paying too much now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the quickest way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money.
Make smart decisions and save
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that come into play when calculating car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to lower car insurance prices.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate prices.
- Where you live is a factor – Being located in less populated areas can save you money when it comes to car insurance. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Drivers who live in large Alaska cities have to deal with traffic congestion and longer commutes to work. More time on the road means more change of being in an accident.
- More claims means more premium – If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Insurance companies in Alaska award lower rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
- Is your vehicle built for speed? – The performance level of the vehicle you are insuring makes a substantial difference in your rates. Low performance passenger models usually have the lowest rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Some insurers provide better rates to customers who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it’s still a good idea to compare other company rates to verify if the discount is saving money.
- High deductibles save money – The deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage coverage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, and rolling your vehicle. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Where Can I Get Cheap Soldotna Car Insurance?
When shopping for car insurance there are multiple ways to compare rate quotes from car insurance companies in your area. The easiest way by far to find the lowest rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online. This can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The single most time-saving way to compare a lot of rates at once is a comparison rater form click here to open form in new window. This method saves time by eliminating repetitive form submissions for each company you want a rate for. One form gets you coverage quotes instantly. This is perfect if you don’t have a lot of time.
- A more time consuming way to analyze rates is spending the time to visit each company website to complete their respective quote request forms. For instance, let’s say you want comparison quotes from Auto-Owners, Allstate and Farmers. To get each rate you have to visit each site to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is more popular.
To view a list of companies in Soldotna, click here.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but double check that you are using apples-to-apples coverages for each comparison quote. If the quotes have higher or lower deductibles it will be very difficult to find the best deal in Soldotna. Slightly different coverages may cause a big price difference. It’s important to know that more quotes will increase your chances of finding the best price.
Save big with these discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always list every discount very well, so the following is a list of both the well known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles can earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child take driver’s ed class in school.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% with select insurance companies.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents pay less compared to bad drivers.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home in Soldotna may earn you a small savings because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
But I don’t know anything about car insurance
When choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Does my personal auto insurance policy cover using my vehicle for business use?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving my company car?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- What is the minimum liability in Alaska?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
More detailed Alaska car insurance information is located at the Alaska Division of Insurance website. Consumers can download brochures, report car insurance fraud, and find disaster information.
Other informative sites include this resource for Alaska car insurance prices and this list of agents in Soldotna, AK.
Buy online or local, you save
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
We just covered a lot of tips how to get a better price on car insurance. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even find the lowest rates come from some of the lesser-known companies.
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, being labeled a high risk driver, high rates after DUI convictions and even policy non-renewal. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right car insurance provider can be pretty painless.