Pricey auto insurance can eat up your family’s budget and force you to cut corners elsewhere. Doing a price comparison is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to ensure you are getting the best deal.
There is such a variety of insurers to buy insurance from, and even though it’s nice to have a choice, more choices can make it harder to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
The most recommended method to get policy rate comparisons is to know the trick all the major auto insurance companies participate in a system to provide you with a free rate quote. All you need to do is give them some information like whether you are single or married, how you use your vehicles, your job, and if it has an anti-theft system. Your information is instantly provided to multiple auto insurance providers and they provide comparison quotes very quickly.
To find the cheapest car insurance rates, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance.
Auto insurance companies offer many discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise all disounts very well, so we took the time to find a few of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Student Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver’s education in high school.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens are able to get better auto insurance rates.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can combine your home and auto policy with the same company you may save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- No Charge for an Accident – but a handful of insurance companies permit an accident before raising your premiums with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a set time period.
- Theft Deterent – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Payment Method – By making one initial payment instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Memberships – Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Hibbing is a simple method to lower premiums when getting a .
Discounts lower rates, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky. But all discounts should definitely cut your overall premium however.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for renewal discount, youthful driver, driver training, good student, multi-policy, safe driver, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife includes discounts for good student, defensive driver, good driver, claim-free, accident-free, and multi-policy.
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, good student, and online quote discount.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including pay-in-full, education and occupation, good driver, AAA membership discount, good student, and multi-policy.
- American Family may have discounts that include good student, TimeAway discount, good driver, mySafetyValet, air bags, and bundled insurance.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for federal employee, defensive driver, membership and employees, anti-theft, and air bags.
- State Farm offers discounts including student away at school, good driver, anti-theft, good student, Drive Safe & Save, and driver’s education.
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Some discounts might not be offered in Hibbing. If you would like to view auto insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts in Minnesota, click this link.
Comparing rates from local Hibbing car insurance agents
Many drivers still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a great decision Experienced insurance agents can help you build your policy and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Hibbing who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent to you instantly. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- How experiences are they in personal risk management?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
Insurance agent types
If you are searching for a reliable insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents to choose from. Insurance agencies in Hibbing are either captive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both can do a good job, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference in how they write coverage because it can factor into the kind of agent you use.
Captive Auto Insurance Agents
Captive agencies can only write with one company like Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Captive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so keep that in mind. These agents are well schooled on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a short list of captive agents in Hibbing that can give you price quotes.
Farm Bureau Insurance – 1800 3rd Ave E – Hibbing, MN 55746 – (218) 262-2218
State Farm Insurance – 4325 Newberg Rd – Hibbing, MN 55746 – (218) 263-8811
Independent agents can quote rates with many companies and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part. When shopping rates, you should always include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Hibbing willing to provide price quotes.
Gary Fox Agency – 2602 1st Ave – Hibbing, MN 55746 – (218) 262-5523
MSI Insurance – 2509 1st Ave – Hibbing, MN 55746 – (218) 263-4975
Dan Wolff Insurance Inc – 2223 1st Ave – Hibbing, MN 55746 – (218) 263-6855
C R Pustovar Agency – 2809 1st Ave – Hibbing, MN 55746 – (218) 262-2355
For more auto insurance agents in Hibbing, you can view this full listing of auto insurance agencies in Hibbing.
Smart consumers can cut their costs
Many different elements are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
The itemized list below are a few of the “ingredients” used by insurance companies to determine your rate level.
- Lower mileage equals lower premium – The more you drive your car every year the higher your rate. Almost all companies calculate prices based upon how much you drive. Autos left parked in the garage receive better premium rates than those that get driven frequently. It’s a smart idea to ensure your auto insurance coverage shows the right rating data.
- Get married and get better premiums – Getting married may cut your premiums on your policy. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be more responsible it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Liability protection limits should be high – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage is the protection in the event that you are ruled to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. It is affordable coverage compared to other policy coverages, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Low credit rating equals high prices – Credit score will be a significant factor in determining your rates. If your credit history could use some work, you may save money insuring your vehicle by improving your rating. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to file fewer claims than drivers who have lower ratings.
Auto insurance myths debunked
Minnesota drivers can’t get away from ads for cheaper auto insurance by 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. They all seem to advertise claims that you can save if you switch your coverage to them.
How do they all save you money? This is the trick they use.
All companies have specific guidelines for a prospective insured that will be a good risk. One example of a desirable risk might be described as over the age of 50, owns a home, and drives newer vehicles. A customer getting a price quote that fits those parameters will probably get the lowest prices as well as save money with a new company.
Potential customers who don’t meet the ideal profile will get a higher premium and the customer buying from a different company. If you pay attention, the ads say “customers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” can get the lowest rates when switching. That is how companies can truthfully advertise the savings. Because of the profiling, it’s extremely important to compare often. It’s impossible to know with any certainty which company will be your best fit.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
More affordable auto insurance is available both online and with local Hibbing insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not offer online quoting and most of the time these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
We just covered a lot of ways to lower your auto insurance premium rates. The key concept to understand is the more you , the better your comparison will be. You may be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates come from the least-expected company. They may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where someone dropped physical damage coverage only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
Even more information can be found at the Minnesota Department of Commerce website. Visitors are able to find out which companies have the most complaints, file complaints about a company, learn about specific coverages, and discover disciplinary actions.