Purchasing cheaper Howell car insurance may be somewhat intimidating for drivers new to shopping for insurance on the internet. With so many insurance agents and companies, how can you have the ability to compare the different rates to find better car insurance prices?
Effectively comparing car insurance prices can be a daunting task if you don’t utilize the easiest way. You could waste a few hours driving to insurance agencies in Howell, or you could use online quoting to maximize your effort.
The majority of car insurance companies take part in a program where insurance shoppers enter their coverage request one time, and each company can give them a price. This system prevents you from having to do repetitive form submissions to each company.
To enter your information into the quoting system, click here to start a free quote.
The single downside to comparing rates this way is you can’t choose which providers to get quotes from. If you wish to select specific insurance companies to request quotes from, we have a listing of companies who write car insurance in Michigan. Click here for list of insurance companies in Michigan.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but be sure you’re using the same coverage information on every quote you get. If you compare different data then you won’t be able to find the best deal in Howell.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Every situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Michigan minimum liability coverage?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Neighborhood insurance agents
A lot of people still like to buy from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Experienced insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance quotes and still choose a local agent.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Howell that can provide for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to contact an agency because prices are sent to you. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific company, you would need to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing a provider should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. The following questions are important to ask.
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Michigan?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Is the quote a firm price?
If you need to find a reliable agent, there are two different types of agencies from which to choose. Agents can either be independent or captive depending on the company they work for. Either type can insure your vehicles, but it is a good idea to know the subtle differences because it may have an impact on which agent you choose.
Agents that elect to be captive write business for a single company like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Captive insurance agents are well trained on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers frequently buy from captive agents primarily because of the brand name rather than low price.
The following are captive agents in Howell that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 809 E Grand River Ave # B – Howell, MI 48843 – (517) 552-3200
- State Farm Insurance – 903 E Clinton St # 2 – Howell, MI 48843 – (517) 545-1357
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents can sell policies from many different companies and that allows them to write policies with any number of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing car insurance rates, we recommend you compare prices from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from. Most have the option of insuring with lesser-known insurance companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Howell willing to provide rate quotes.
- Jamieson-Allen Agency – 3075 E Grand River Ave # 100 – Howell, MI 48843 – (517) 546-6350
- Hochreiter Agency – 2517 E Grand River Ave – Howell, MI 48843 – (517) 546-5570
- Look Insurance Howell Agency – 2729 E Grand River Ave # D – Howell, MI 48843 – (517) 545-5665
- Bill Seiter Insurance – 2710 E Grand River Ave – Howell, MI 48843 – (517) 545-0712
- Cobb-Hall Insurance – 223 W Grand River Ave # 2 – Howell, MI 48843 – (517) 546-1600
To view more Howell insurance agents, please visit this complete selection of Howell insurance agents.
Michigan insurance information
Even more information can be found at the Michigan Office of Financial and Insurance Regulation website. Michigan drivers can read state legal mandates and laws, find a variety of consumer forms, and view agent and company licensing information.