Finding discount New Brighton auto insurance is problematic for drivers not familiar with comparing rates on the internet. When there are so many online companies available, how can anyone possibly compare them all to find the best available rates?
It’s a great practice to compare prices once or twice a year because prices trend upward over time. Just because you found the lowest price on your last policy you can probably find a better rate quote now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because we’re going to show you how to use the internet to find lower rates on auto insurance.
Finding auto insurance in New Brighton, MN
When shopping for , there are a couple of ways of comparing rate quotes from many different Minnesota insurance companies. The best way to find the lowest rates is to perform an online rate comparison. It is quite easy and can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- The single most time-saving way to get the best comparison quotes is an all-inclusive rate comparison click here to open form in new window. This form prevents you from having to do multiple quote forms for every prospective company. Filling out one form gets coverage cost estimates from several companies. It’s the fastest way to compare.
- A more difficult way to compare prices consists of going to each company website and complete a new quote form. For example, let’s assume you want to compare prices for USAA, Progressive and Liberty Mutual. To get rate quotes you would need to navigate to each company’s site and enter your information, which can get rather old. For a list of companies in New Brighton, click here.
- Even if you have time, the least recommended way to price shop rates is to spend time driving to all the different New Brighton insurance agencies. Comparing rates online eliminates this option unless you prefer the extra assistance of a local agency. Although you can obtain prices from the web and have a local agent actually service the policy.
Whichever method you choose, double check that you are using the same coverage information for each price quote. If you have different deductibles it will be next to impossible to determine the lowest rate in New Brighton. Having just a slight variation in limits could throw off the whole comparison. It’s important to know that having more price comparisons helps increase your odds of locating the best offered rates.
Verify you’re getting every discount
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of both the well known and also the more inconspicuous savings tricks you should be using when you .
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for lower premium rates.
- Anti-theft System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger insurance companies have a lower premium rate if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- E-sign – A few auto insurance companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application on your computer.
- ABS Brakes – Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles may allow you to get substantially lower rates.
- Claim Free – New Brighton drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates in comparison to policyholders that have many claims.
As is typical with insurance, most credits do not apply the the whole policy. Most cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
Larger auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include anti-lock brakes, air bags, driver training, seat belt use, anti-theft, federal employee, and emergency military deployment.
- Travelers may offer discounts for home ownership, multi-policy, student away at school, early quote, save driver, IntelliDrive, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- Nationwide includes discounts for family plan, accident-free, good student, anti-theft, multi-policy, defensive driving, and business or organization.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include youthful driver, mature driver, pay in full, alternative fuel, and business and professional.
- Esurance offers discounts including multi-policy, claim free, DriveSense, defensive driver, emergency road assistance, online shopper, and safety device.
- State Farm may include discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, multiple autos, defensive driving training, and accident-free.
- Progressive has savings for continuous coverage, online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for location of vehicle, good driver, age of vehicle, ease of repair, annual mileage, and type of vehicle.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not apply in New Brighton.
You are unique and your auto insurance should be too
When buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Additional Minnesota consumer information
Additional auto insurance information is located on the through this link. Minnesota drivers can view agent and company licensing information, get help finding coverage, view a list of available companies, and learn about specific coverages.