Sick and tired of not being able to scrape enough together to insure your vehicles every month? You’re in the same situation as many other Kansas consumers. There is such a variety of auto insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s nice to be able to choose, having more insurers makes it harder to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
It’s a good habit to shop coverage around before your policy renews since insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you found the lowest rates a couple years back you can probably find a better rate quote now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re about to find out the fastest and easiest way to buy cheaper auto insurance.
Finding the best rates in Hesston is not rocket science. Just about everyone who has to buy auto insurance stands a good chance to be able to reduce their rates. Although Kansas car owners should learn how the larger insurance companies sell online and take advantage of how the system works.
Auto insurance policy discounts
Companies don’t always list the complete list of policy discounts very well, so below is a list a few of the more well known as well as the least known auto insurance savings.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you combine your auto and home policies with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of up to 20% off your total premium.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Multiple Cars – Drivers who insure multiple vehicles on the same auto insurance policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Accident Waiver – This one is not really a discount per se, but certain companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- No Claim Discounts – Claim-free drivers get the best auto insurance rates when compared with drivers with a long claim history.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt may be able to save a few bucks on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
Just know that some credits don’t apply the the whole policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Large auto insurance companies and their offered discounts include:
- State Farm includes discounts for anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, and student away at school.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for new graduate, exclusive group savings, newly married, multi-policy, good student, and newly retired.
- American Family has savings for early bird, Steer into Savings, defensive driver, air bags, accident-free, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online quote discount, good student, homeowner, online signing, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include youthful driver, bundle discounts, good student, switch companies, and alternative fuel.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has discounts for teen driver, mature driver, student away at school, safe vehicle, and multiple vehicles.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for bundle discounts, anti-theft, safe driver, drive less, and teen safety rewards.
If you need lower rates, check with every insurance company which discounts they offer. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered in Hesston.
Auto insurance advertising gotchas
Big name companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO continually stream ads on TV and radio. All the companies try to convey promises that you can save if you switch your policy. How is it possible that every company can give you a lower rate? Here is the trick they use.
Insurance companies quote their cheapest rates for the type of driver that earns them the highest profit. A good example of a desirable insured may be between the ages of 40 and 55, has never had a policy lapse, and has excellent credit. Any customer who fits those characteristics will get low car insurance rates and have a good chance to save quite a bit of money when switching.
People who cannot meet those standards will probably be forced to pay higher rates and this results in the customer buying from a different company. If you listen closely, the ads state “drivers that switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” will save that much if they switch. This is how insurance companies can confidently claim big savings. This really drives home the point why it is so important to do a rate comparison at every renewal. It is impossible to predict which company will have the lowest rate quotes.
More Kansas auto insurance information
More detailed Kansas auto insurance information is located at the Kansas Insurance Department website. Kansas drivers can find a variety of consumer forms, report car insurance fraud, find out industry alerts, and read state legal mandates and laws.
Cheaper auto insurance rates are out there
When searching for , do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where someone dropped physical damage coverage only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Affordable auto insurance is available on the web and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who may not provide the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent insurance agents.
You just read a lot of information how to get a better price on auto insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding . Drivers may discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies. These companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.