Are you a victim of an underperforming, overpriced auto insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you there are lots of people in the same boat.
Companies like State Farm and Geico continually bombard you with ad campaigns and it is challenging if not impossible to see past the geckos and flying pigs and find the best price available.
Compare the Market for Auto Insurance in Alpharetta, Georgia
Performing a rate comparison can take time and effort if you don’t know the easiest way. You could spend your day talking about coverages with insurance companies in Alpharetta, or you can stay home and use online quotes for quick rates.
Most of the larger companies participate in an industry program that allows shoppers to enter their policy data once, and each participating company can provide price quotes determined by their information. This eliminates the need for quotation requests for every auto insurance company.
To compare rates using this form now click to open in new window.
The one disadvantage to comparing rates this way is that consumers can’t choose the companies to get quotes from. So if you want to select specific insurance companies to compare prices, we have assembled a list of low cost auto insurance companies in Georgia. Click here to view list.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but be sure to compare apples-to-apples coverages and limits for each price quote. If you enter different values for each quote then you won’t be able to decipher which rate is best in Alpharetta. Having just a slight variation in coverage limits may result in large price differences. And when price shopping your coverage, comparing more company’s prices will improve the odds of getting lower pricing.
Save money by taking advantage of these discounts
Companies don’t necessarily list every discount very well, so we researched both the well known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less when compared with bad drivers.
- Paperless Signup – A few companies give back up to $50 simply for signing digitally online.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less since new cars are generally safer.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To see a list of providers with discount auto insurance rates in Alpharetta, click here to view.
Factors that affect insurance rates
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that go into determining auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with better auto insurance rates.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free – If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance companies in Georgia award discounts to insureds who do not file claims often. Your insurance policy is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- Women pay lower rates – Statistics demonstrate women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. They both tend to get into accidents at a similar rate, but men have costlier accidents. Men also receive more costly citations like reckless driving and DUI. Teenage male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates – A bad driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Drivers who don’t get tickets have lower premiums than bad drivers. Just one moving violation can bump up the cost forty percent or more. If you have serious violations like DUI or reckless driving may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart your vehicle from being stolen.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – The majority of insurance companies will award you with lower prices to people who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s still a good idea to compare other company rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Consumers may find a better deal by buying insurance from more than one company.
Car Insurance through a local agent
Some people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you can get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will battle for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to leave your house as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. It doesn’t get any easier! You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with.
Deciding on a company shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
Types of insurance agents
If you’re trying to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are two types of agencies to choose from. Agents are either independent or captive.
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive insurance agents have only one company to place business with such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. They are well schooled in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below are captive insurance agencies in Alpharetta that can give you price quotes.
State Farm Insurance – 202 S Main St – Alpharetta, GA 30004 – (770) 475-9561
Liberty Mutual – 1100 Alderman Dr – Alpharetta, GA 30005 – (770) 475-8683
Allstate Insurance – 11785 Northfall Ln # 507 – Alpharetta, GA 30004 – (678) 867-9940
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company but instead can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When shopping rates, it’s recommended you include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Listed below are independent agents in Alpharetta who can help you get price quote information.
Underwood Agency – 1300 Abbey Ct – Alpharetta, GA 30004 – (770) 619-0045
Millsaps Agency Inc – 1815 Lockeway Dr # 102 – Alpharetta, GA 30004 – (770) 475-1975
Gillman Insurance Group – 11005 Jones Bridge Rd # 108 – Alpharetta, GA 30022 – (678) 297-7977
Mark Gilliam Agency – 3556 Old Milton Pkwy – Alpharetta, GA 30005 – (770) 442-3155
Us Baseline Insurance Svc – 2050 Marconi Dr # 300 – Alpharetta, GA 30005 – (770) 777-8347
To view a complete directory of auto insurance agents in Alpharetta, visit this site.
After getting positive feedback to any questions you have and a good coverage price, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that can adequately provide auto insurance.
More tips and info about auto insurance is available at the Georgia Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner website. Visitors are able to report car insurance fraud, learn about specific coverages, and learn about insurance regulations.
Buy online or local, you save
We covered some good ideas how to get a better price on auto insurance. The key concept to understand is the more you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the lowest rates come from a lesser-known regional company. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like Geico and State Farm.
Discount auto insurance is possible both online in addition to many Alpharetta insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some auto insurance companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.