Are you regretting buying an overpriced auto insurance policy? Say no more because you’re not alone. Insurance companies such as Allstate, Liberty Mutual and State Farm constantly blast consumers with TV and radio ads and consumers find it hard to see past the geckos and flying pigs and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
It’s a good idea to take a look at other company’s rates quite often since insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you found the best deal at your last renewal you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re about to find out the fastest and easiest way to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
If you have a policy now or are looking for a new policy, you can use these tips to reduce the price you pay while maximizing coverage. Choosing the best insurance company for you in Booneville is easy if you know what you’re doing. Arkansas vehicle owners just need to understand the most effective way to get comparison quotes online.
Reducing your insurance rates is actually quite simple. All that’s required is to take the time to get quotes from some recommended companies. This can easily be done by following the guidelines below.
- The best way to find the lowest comparison rates is a comparison rater form click here to open form in new window. This quick form saves time by eliminating separate quotation requests for each price estimate. One form gets insurance cost estimates from many national carriers.
- A harder way to analyze rates consists of going to each company website and request a quote. For examples sake, let’s say you want rates from State Farm, Liberty Mutual and Travelers. You would have to go to every website to input your insurance information, which can get old fast.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Booneville, click here.
- The least efficient and most time consuming way to find cheaper rates is to spend your day driving to each insurance agency near you. The internet eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you have a complicated situation and need the peace of mind of a local agency. Although you can get the lowest quotes online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
Whichever way you choose to compare rates, try to keep apples-to-apples quote information with each company. If you enter different values for each quote it’s not possible to decipher which rate is best in Booneville.
Can you really save that much by switching?
Consumers can’t get away from all the ads that claim the lowest premium rates by State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. They all seem to state the claim of big savings just by switching to them.
How does each company offer drivers better rates? This is how they do it.
Auto insurance companies have a certain “appetite” for the right customer that will generate a profit. One example of a profitable insured might be described as married and over the age of 30, carries full coverage, and does not commute to work. A customer getting a price quote who meets those qualifications receive the lowest rate quotes and is almost guaranteed to save when switching.
People who may not quite match this stringent profile will see higher premium rates and this can result in business going elsewhere. The ads say “customers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” can save as much as they claim. This is how insurance companies can make the claims of big savings. This really emphasizes why it is so important to get a wide range of price quotes. It’s just too difficult to predict with any certainty which company will give you the biggest savings.
Informed consumers can cut your costs
Many different elements are considered when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, although others are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
Shown below are most of the major factors used by your company to calculate rates.
- Having a spouse pays dividends – Getting married can actually save you money on your policy. It demonstrates that you tend to be more stable financially and it’s proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Safer vehicles lower auto insurance rates – Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and any reduction in injury severity translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims passed on to you as lower rates. If your car scored at minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may qualify for a discount.
- Fast cars cost more to insure – The type of car or truck you are insuring makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. Small economy passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Men are more aggressive – Statistics demonstrate that females tend to be a little less risky than males. It does not mean women are better drivers. They both have at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but men get into accidents with more damage. Men also statistically receive more major tickets like driving under the influence (DUI). Males from age 16 to 21 are most likely to cause an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
Save with with these discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you may find discounts that you may not even be aware of. Many discounts should be triggered at quote time, but a few need to be asked for in order for you to get them. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-99.jpg" alt="Booneville AR insurance quotes” />
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less may allow you to get discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them sucessfully take a drivers education course if offered at their school.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but certain companies may permit one accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory air bags may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Good Grades Discount – Excelling in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Defensive Driving Course – Passing a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds who allow their company to study when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematic data system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease as long as the data is positive.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car instead of a used car is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance with one insurance company you may save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
Don’t be shocked that most discount credits are not given the the whole policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
To choose providers with the best discounts in Booneville, click here.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique so this has to be addressed. These are some specific questions may help highlight if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Can’t I compare prices from local Booneville insurance agencies?
Many people still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move Experienced insurance agents are trained risk managers and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can find better rates and still have a local agent.
After completing this quick form, your insurance data is emailed to insurance agents in Booneville who will give you quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. If you need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an provider requires you to look at more than just a low price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- How experiences are they in personal risk management?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Arkansas?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a local Booneville insurance agent, there are two types of insurance agents and how they work. Agencies in Booneville can be described as either independent agents or captive agents. Either can insure your vehicles, but it is a good idea to know the difference in how they write coverage because it can impact the selection process.
Captive agencies write business for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer which can be an advantage.
Below are captive insurance agents in Booneville that can give you price quotes.
State Farm Insurance – 119 N Broadway Ave – Booneville, AR 72927 – (479) 675-2855
Shelter Insurance – 1170 E Main St – Booneville, AR 72927 – (479) 675-2782
Farm Bureau Insurance – Highway 10 E – Booneville, AR 72927 – (479) 675-2561
Independent agencies do not have single company limitations so they can write business through lots of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, we highly recommend that you get some free quotes from several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Booneville who can help you get price quote information.
First Western Dunn Insurance – 1 W Main St – Booneville, AR 72927 – (479) 675-2400
Andrews Insurance Inc – 288 N Broadway Ave – Booneville, AR 72927 – (479) 675-2850
To view additional auto insurance agents in Booneville, please view this list of Booneville, AR insurance agencies.
Upon getting positive responses for all questions you ask and a good coverage price, you may have found an insurance agent that can properly service your auto insurance policy.
Best coverage at the best price
More affordable auto insurance is attainable from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so get from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies may not have internet price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers sell through local independent agents.
You just read many ways to save on auto insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the biggest savings come from the smaller companies. They may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
Learn more about auto insurance in Arkansas
Additional detailed information can be found at the Arkansas Insurance Department website. Consumers can read consumer alerts, file complaints about a company, and view agent and company licensing information.