Are you overwhelmed by the number of auto insurance choices in Northglenn? Many other drivers are as well. Consumers have so many companies to choose from that it can turn into a real challenge to find the perfect company for you.
It’s important to compare prices before your policy renews because insurance rates change frequently. Even if you got the best rates a few years ago you can probably find a better price now. There is a lot of bad information regarding auto insurance on the internet, so by reading this article, you’re going to learn the easiest ways to buy auto insurance cheaper.
If you have insurance now or need new coverage, you can follow these tips to find better prices and still get good coverage. The purpose of this article is to tell you how to get online quotes. Colorado drivers just need to learn the tricks to compare prices over the internet.
Finding Auto Insurance Deals in Northglenn
All the larger auto insurance companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO provide price estimates directly from their websites. Getting online quotes is fairly straightforward as you just enter the amount of coverage you want as requested by the quote form. Once you submit the form, their rating system gets your driving record and credit report and quotes a price determined by many factors.
Online price quotes streamlines rate comparisons, but having to visit several different sites and type in the same information gets old quite quickly. But it is imperative to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for the lowest price.
The smarter way to find cheaper rates uses one simple form that analyzes rates from a bunch of companies at once. It’s a real time-saver, eliminates repetitive work, and makes rate comparisons much easier. After sending your information, it is quoted and you can choose your choice of the quotes that you receive. If a lower price is quoted, you can click and sign and buy the new coverage. The entire process only takes a few minutes and you will find out if you’re overpaying now.
To quickly compare pricing, click here to open in a new tab and submit your coverage information. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you complete the form with coverages and limits identical to your current policy. This guarantees you’re receiving comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
Save $422 a year? Really?
Consumers in Colorado can’t ignore all the ads for cheaper car insurance from companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. They all seem to make an identical promise about savings if you move your policy.
But how can every company claim to save you money? It’s all in the numbers.
All companies can use profiling for the type of customer that makes them money. An example of a desirable insured could be over the age of 40, owns a home, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A propective insured who fits that profile receives the best rates and therefore will save a lot of money.
Drivers who fall outside the “perfect” profile must pay higher prices and ends up with business going elsewhere. The ads state “customers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that kind of money. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently advertise the savings. This illustrates why you absolutely need to get as many comparisons as possible. It’s impossible to know the company that will have the lowest rates.
Don’t overlook these discounts
Companies do not advertise every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down some of the more common as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are throwing money away.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-92.jpg" alt="Northglenn Colorado car insurance quote”/>
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with a qualifying organization could trigger savings on auto insurance.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with one company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Sign Online – A handful of insurance companies give back up to $50 simply for signing on their website.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some companies give discounts for switching to them before your current policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of more than 20%.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
What about my local Northglenn agents?
A small number of people would rather buy from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find the best rates but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your information gets sent to companies in Northglenn who will battle to get your business. There is no need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered to your email. How’s that for easy!
Selecting an insurer shouldn’t rely on just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- How many years of experience in personal lines insurance coverages do they have?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Colorado?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
Do you need an independent or captive auto insurance agent?
If you’re trying to find a good insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Northglenn are classified as either captive or independent. Both do a good job, but it’s good to learn how they are different because it can influence the selection process.
Captive Insurance Agents
These agents work for only one company such as Liberty Mutual, Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Captive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers often purchase coverage from captives mainly due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following is a short list of captive insurance agents in Northglenn willing to provide price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance Group – 11990 Grant St # 306 – Northglenn, CO 80233 – (303) 410-7000
- Hank Dorner State Farm Agency – 3927 E 120th Ave # A – Northglenn, CO 80233 – (303) 280-1115
- Shelter Insurance – 10465 Melody Dr # 102 – Northglenn, CO 80234 – (303) 450-0500
- Allstate Insurance – 11152 Huron St # 215 – Northglenn, CO 80234 – (303) 255-1481
- American Family Insurance – 1412 W 104th Ave # 100 – Northglenn, CO 80234 – (303) 452-5707
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are not locked into one company so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to find a new agent. When searching for an agent, it’s recommended you get quotes from multiple independent agents for the best price selection.Many can place coverage with smaller companies which can be an advantage.
Below are independent insurance agents in Northglenn that can give you rate quotes.
- Hank Dorner State Farm Agency – 3927 E 120th Ave # A – Northglenn, CO 80233 – (303) 280-1115
- Lake Agency – 10465 Melody Dr – Northglenn, CO 80234 – (303) 920-0516
- Chavez Insurance – 11178 Huron St # 6 – Northglenn, CO 80234 – (303) 280-1078
- Aspen Insurance – 12000 Washington St # 365 – Northglenn, CO 80241 – (303) 457-4311
- Bliss Agency – 11684 Huron St # 103 – Northglenn, CO 80234 – (303) 450-2552
To view a full list of auto insurance agents in Northglenn, view this link.
Once you have received acceptable answers to your questions and a low price estimate, you may have just found an insurance agent that meets your needs to service your policy.
When might I need an agent?
When it comes to choosing coverage for your vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions might point out if your situation may require specific advice.
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Colorado?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving my company car?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Colorado?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- What is the minimum liability in Colorado?
- Is my vehicle covered for flood damage?
- When should I drop full coverage on my vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
More tips and info about auto insurance is available at the Colorado DORA Division of Insurance website. Colorado consumers can view a list of available companies, find out industry alerts, read state legal mandates and laws, and discover disciplinary actions.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
We just showed you many ideas to get a better price on auto insurance. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with the least-expected company.
Budget-conscious auto insurance can be sourced from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Northglenn, so compare prices from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers don’t offer online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Consumers leave their current company for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, denial of a claim, poor customer service and high prices. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right auto insurance provider is not as difficult as it may seem.