Being forced to pay for pricey auto insurance premiums can empty your funds and maybe even restrict other spending. Due to the large number of choices of insurance companies, it can be hard to choose the cheapest company.
There are multiple methods to compare auto insurance prices but some are easier and takes less work. You could spend your day talking to local insurance agents in Union, or you could use the internet to accomplish the same thing much quicker.
Most major companies are enrolled in a marketplace where prospective buyers only type in their quote data once, and each participating company then returns a price quote determined by their information. This saves time by eliminating quotation requests to each individual auto insurance company.
To access this free quoting program, click here (opens in new window).
The only drawback to getting quotes like this is you can’t choose which insurance companies to receive prices from. If you would rather choose from a list of companies for rate comparison, we have a listing of auto insurance companies in South Carolina. View list of South Carolina insurance companies.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-53.jpg" alt="South Carolina auto insurance” />
You can use whichever method you prefer to find lower rates, just try to keep apples-to-apples coverages and limits with each company. If you enter mixed coverages then you won’t be able to truly determine the lowest rate in Union.
Double check you’re getting these money-saving discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there could be significant discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of quoting, but once in a while a discount must be specially asked for before they will apply.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accidents.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Smart Student Discounts – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- ABS Braking Discount – Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control prevent accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Successfully completing a driver safety class could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers living away from home attending college and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down may allow you to get cheaper auto insurancerates.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will bring down your overall premium however.
If you would like to view companies with significant discounts in Union, click here.
How to know if you need help
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Every situation is different so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in South Carolina?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Additional detailed information can be found at the South Carolina Department of Insurance website. Consumers can download brochures, find out industry alerts, file complaints about a company, and discover disciplinary actions.
The following information may also be useful.