Buying the most affordable Lawrence auto insurance over the internet can seem to be intimidating for beginners to price shopping online. Because there are so many companies in the marketplace, how can you effectively compare them all to find the best pricing?
Which Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Lawrence?
Finding a lower price on insurance can be quick and easy. You just have to spend a few minutes to get quotes online with multiple companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
- The best way to find the lowest comparison rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison (click to open form in new window). This form saves time by eliminating separate quote forms for every auto insurance company. A single form compares rates from all major companies. It’s the fastest way to compare.
- A slightly less efficient method to compare rate quotes is going to each company website to complete a price quote. For instance, let’s say you want comparison quotes from Allstate, 21st Century and Liberty Mutual. To get rate quotes you would need to go to every website to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is more popular.
To view a list of companies in Lawrence, click here.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just ensure you’re using exactly the same information for each comparison quote. If you enter different values for each quote it will be very difficult to make an equal comparison in Lawrence.
Don’t overlook these discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of both the well known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Own a Home – Owning a home in Lawrence may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Paperless Signup – Some insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing on their website.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
For a list of providers offering auto insurance discounts in Lawrence, click here.
Lower the Price of Insurance with These Tips
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that play a part in calculating auto insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
Shown below are some of the items that factor into your rates.
- Where do you drive? – The more you drive in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Double check that your auto insurance policy properly reflects the correct driver usage, because it can save money.
- Better credit scores mean better rates – Credit history is a large factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. If your credit history is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your by improving your rating. Drivers who have excellent credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with lower credit scores.
- Liability coverage is cheap – Liability insurance is the protection if ever a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. It provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Rates may be higher depending on your occupation – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Careers like judges, business owners and financial analysts have higher average rates because of stressful work requirements and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, jobs such as farmers, engineers and homemakers get better rates.
- With age comes lower rates – Teen drivers in Kansas are known to be careless and easily distracted when driving so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Parents adding a youthful driver onto a policy can be very expensive. More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents and are safer drivers.
- Don’t buy coverages you don’t need – There are a ton of additional coverages that can waste your money when buying auto insurance. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness and membership fees may be wasting your money. They may seem good at first, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
More detailed Kansas auto insurance information can be read at the Kansas Insurance Department website. Kansas consumers can learn about insurance regulations, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, and learn about specific coverages.
Compare but don’t skimp
Low-cost auto insurance can be sourced from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Lawrence agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
While you’re price shopping online, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just covered a lot of information how to shop for auto insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from an unexpected company.