Paying for high-priced auto insurance can overdraw your savings account and force you to prioritize other expenses. Comparison shopping is free and is an excellent way to lower your monthly bill. You have so many auto insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, too many choices makes it more difficult to compare company pricing.
You need to compare prices yearly because prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you had the best rates last year you will most likely find a better rate today. There is a lot of bad advice regarding auto insurance on the web, but I’m going to show you the easiest ways to save money.
Save big with these discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find some of the best known and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles can qualify you for a substantially lower rate.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select companies give a discount for switching policies prior to your current policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off with select insurance companies.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member can result in better rates.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers can possibly qualify for reduced rates.
- Accident Forgiveness – Certain companies permit an accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
To choose insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts in Louisiana, click this link.
How to Compare Auto Insurance Costs in Thibodaux, Louisiana
Cutting your auto insurance rates can be quick and easy. Just take the time to compare quotes provided by online insurance companies. This is very easy and can be done in a couple of different ways.
- The single most time-saving way to get quotes for comparison is to use a rate comparison form click here to open form in new window. This easy form prevents you from having to do separate quotation requests for every auto insurance company. In just a few minutes this one form gets rate comparisons instantly.
- A harder way to shop for auto insurance online is going to each individual company website to complete their respective quote request forms. For sake of this example, let’s assume you want rates from Progressive, Farmers and Liberty Mutual. You would have to take the time to go to each site to enter your coverage information, and that’s why the first method is more popular.
For a handy list of car insurance company links in Thibodaux, click here.
However you get your quotes, ensure you’re using apples-to-apples coverage information on every quote you get. If your comparisons have different deductibles then you won’t be able to make a fair comparison in Thibodaux.
But I don’t know anything about car insurance
When buying coverage, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Is my vehicle covered for smoke damage?
- What happens if I owe more than my vehicle is worth?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Keep this in mind
Cost effective auto insurance is available both online as well as from independent agents in Thibodaux, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on auto insurance. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers may even find the lowest premiums are with the smaller companies. Regional companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.