Overpriced car insurance can take a big chunk out of your savings account, especially in this economy. Comparison shopping is free and is an excellent way to make sure you’re not throwing money away.
You have multiple insurance companies to choose from, and although it’s nice to have a selection, having more insurance companies makes it harder to compare company pricing.
You need to check car insurance prices before your policy renews because prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you think you had the lowest price a couple years back other companies may now be cheaper. Starting right now, block out anything you think you know about car insurance because it’s time to teach you one of the easiest ways to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Finding affordable coverage in Riverside is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to cut costs considerably using this strategy. But California vehicle owners benefit from understanding the way insurance companies market insurance on the web.
How to Compare Car Insurance in Riverside, CA
There are a lot of ways to compare car insurance quotes, but there is one way that is easier and takes less work. You could waste a few hours discussing policy coverages with local insurance agents in Riverside, or you can stay home and use online quotes to maximize your effort.
Most major companies belong to an insurance system that allows shoppers to send in one quote, and every company then gives them pricing for coverage. This eliminates the need for quote forms to every company.
To use this form to compare rates click to open in new window.
The one downside to doing it this way is you are unable to specify which companies you want to price. If you prefer to choose specific providers to receive pricing from, we have assembled a list of the cheapest car insurance companies in California. View list of California insurance companies.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just double check that you are using apples-to-apples quote information with every price quote. If you have differing limits it will be very difficult to determine which rate is truly the best in Riverside. Slightly different limits may result in a large different in cost. And when price shopping your coverage, having more price comparisons helps you find better pricing.
Don’t miss these discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always list all their discounts very well, so the following is a list of both the well known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using.
- Paperless Signup – Some insurance companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Student in College – Children who live away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a defensive driving course could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles can earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
It’s important to note that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
For a list of insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in California, follow this link.
When might I need help?
When buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions may help you determine whether you might need professional guidance.
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my vehicle to commute?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
Additional detailed information can be read at the California Department of Insurance website. Consumers can read enforcement actions against agents and companies, get help finding coverage, read consumer alerts, and find a variety of consumer forms.
The following articles may also be useful.