Having to pay for overpriced car insurance can overdraw your personal savings and put the squeeze on your family’s finances. Comparing price quotes is a great way to help make ends meet. Online insurance companies like Allstate, Progressive and GEICO promote their brand names with fancy advertisements and it is challenging if not impossible to sift through the bull and find the best price available.
Cut your car insurance rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise all their discounts very well, so we break down both the well known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off with certain companies.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies offer discounts for switching policies before your current policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- One Accident Forgiven – A handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for better car insurance rates.
- Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to a qualifying organization may earn a discount on car insurance.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
For a list of insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Vermont, click this link.
How to Compare Car Insurance Quotes in Shaftsbury, Vermont
Getting a lower price on insurance is actually quite simple. Just invest a few minutes to compare rate quotes online with multiple companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
The first (and easiest) way consumers can make multiple comparisons would be an industry-wide quote request form click to view form in new window. This method saves time by eliminating separate quotation requests for each company. A single, simple form will get you price quotes direct from many companies.
A less efficient way to find lower rates requires a visit to each individual company website and request a quote. For sake of this example, let’s say you want comparison quotes from Nationwide, Allstate and GMAC. To get rate quotes you would need to visit each site and enter your policy data, and that’s why the first method is more popular.
For a handy list of car insurance company links in Shaftsbury, click here.
It’s up to you which method you use, but make sure you use the exact same coverage information for each comparison quote. If your comparisons have different limits and deductibles on each one it’s impossible to find the best deal in Shaftsbury.
Buy online or local, you save
Cost effective car insurance is available on the web and also from your neighborhood Shaftsbury agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
We just covered a lot of ways to get a better price on car insurance. The key concept to understand is the more you quote, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.