Having to pay for overpriced car insurance can empty your savings account and force you to prioritize other expenses. Comparing price quotes is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to help make ends meet. You have so many car insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, it makes it harder to find a good deal.
Do you qualify for a discount?
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may find discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you purchase, but less common discounts must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less when compared with bad drivers.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off depending on your company.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger companies have lower rates if you buy life insurance.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a house in Sioux Falls can save you money because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Sign Online – A few companies will give a small break for buying your policy digitally online.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course in high school.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given the the whole policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts will bring down the cost of coverage.
For a list of providers with the best car insurance discounts in South Dakota, follow this link.
When might I need help?
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Should I rate my vehicle as pleasure use or commute?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Do I need higher deductibles?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
But don’t I need an insurance agent?
Certain consumers just want to buy from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Educated insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is you may find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting local agencies is definitely important in Sioux Falls.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the quote information is submitted to companies in Sioux Falls who will compete for your insurance coverage. There is no need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. How cool is that?!
To view a list of agents in Sioux Falls to contact, go to this page.
Picking an provider requires more thought than just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Are they full-time agents?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in South Dakota?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
Once you have acceptable answers to your questions as well as a affordable price, you’ve probably found an insurer that will service your policy.
More South Dakota car insurance information
Additional car insurance information can be read on the website for the South Dakota Division of Insurance. Click here for link. Visitors are able to view agent and company licensing information, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, get help finding coverage, and read consumer alerts.
Better coverage you can count on
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price.
Cheap car insurance can be found from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Sioux Falls, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online price quotes and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.