Having to pay for overpriced car insurance can overdraw your bank account and force you to make sacrifices. Doing a price comparison is free and is an excellent way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
Having so many car insurance companies to choose from, it’s nearly impossible to locate the cheapest insurance company.
How much can you save with discounts?
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise every available discount very well, so we researched both the well known and the harder-to-find car insurance savings.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower rates.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a course in driver safety could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Good Student – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home in Stow can help you save on car insurance because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To choose insurers offering car insurance discounts in Ohio, click here to view.
Finding Car Insurance Deals in Stow
There are several ways to get quotes from different in Stowinsurance companies. One of the best ways to find competitive insurance rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online. This is very easy and can be done using a couple different methods.
- The best way to find low rates is a comparison rater form click here to open form in new window. This type of form keeps you from doing separate quotes for every car insurance company. Completing one form gets you coverage quotes instantly.
- A less efficient way to shop for car insurance online is to take the time to go to each company’s website to complete a price quote. For sake of this example, we’ll pretend you want comparison quotes from Allstate, State Farm and Travelers. To get each rate you have to take the time to go to each site and enter your policy data, and that’s why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Stow, click here.
Which method you use is up to you, but compare the exact same information for every quote you compare. If you compare mixed coverages it’s impossible to truly determine the lowest rate in Stow. Quoting even small variations in insurance coverages may result in large price differences. Keep in mind that getting more free quotes helps you find the best rates.
Online plus local equals savings
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
We covered some good ideas how to shop for car insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers may even find the best prices are with an unexpected company. They may only write in your state and offer lower rates than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Lower-priced car insurance can be bought online in addition to many Stow insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some car insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.