Consumers not familiar with comparing insurance rates online might discover buying affordable Spring Hill car insurance is more work than they anticipated.
Spring Hill Car Insurance Comparisons
Finding a better price on car insurance can be surprisingly simple. Just invest a few minutes comparing rate quotes online with multiple companies. This is very easy and can be done using a couple different methods.
- The best way to get quotes for comparison is an all-inclusive rate comparison click here to open form in new window. This form prevents you from having to do separate quote forms to each individual car insurance company. One form submission gets rate comparisons from car insurance companies with the best prices.It’s the quickest way to get rates.
- Another way to get quotes online requires you to visit each company’s website and fill out their own quote form. For sake of this example, we’ll pretend you want rates from Liberty Mutual, Safeco and State Farm. To find out each rate you need to spend time on each company’s site and enter your policy data, and that’s why the first method is more popular. To view a list of companies in Spring Hill, click here.
Whichever method you choose, make darn sure you compare exactly the same coverages on every quote. If you have different values for each quote you can’t possibly determine the lowest rate in Spring Hill.
Verify you’re getting all your discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may find discounts to reduce the price significantly. Most are applied when you get a quote, but a few need to be manually applied prior to getting the savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Distant Student – Kids in college who attend school more than 100 miles from home and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with better rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- Club Memberships – Participating in a qualifying organization could trigger savings when buying car insurance.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for reduced rates.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way. Any amount of discount will bring down your premiums.
For a list of insurers with the best car insurance discounts in Tennessee, click this link.
You have some control over your rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. Knowing what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to big savings.
The following are a partial list of the pieces that factor into prices.
- A lapse in coverage is a bad thing – Letting your insurance expire is a quick way to pay more for car insurance. Not only will rates go up, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a license revocation or jail time.You may have to file a SR-22 with the Tennessee DMV.
- Choose a safe vehicle and save – Safer cars get lower rates. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and better occupant protection translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you.
- Men pay higher rates – Statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that men are worse drivers. Men and women are in accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also tend to get cited for more serious violations such as reckless driving.
- Liability coverage is cheap – Liability insurance is the protection if ever a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Liability insurance provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Your location affects your rates – Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas can be a good thing when it comes to car insurance. Urban drivers regularly have much more traffic and longer commute times. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Older drivers save more – Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and tend to be better behind the wheel. Young drivers have a tendency to be careless and easily distracted behind the wheel and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
- Cautious drivers pay less – Drivers with clean records have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Even a single moving violation may increase your cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with dangerous tickets such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to submit a SR-22 form to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
Additional car insurance information is available on the Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance website through this link. Consumers can read state legal mandates and laws, view agent and company licensing information, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, and file complaints about a company.
Tennessee consumers can’t ignore all the ads for cheaper car insurance from the likes of Allstate and Progressive. All the ads make an identical promise that you can save if you switch your coverage to them.
How does each company make almost identical claims? This is how they do it.
Insurance companies have a certain “appetite” for the right customer that earns them a profit. For instance, a profitable customer might be profiled as between 30 and 50, is a homeowner, and has great credit. A customer who meets those qualifications will get very good rates and as a result will probably save quite a bit of money when switching.
Consumers who fall outside these standards will be quoted higher rates which leads to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say “customers that switch” not “people who quote” save that kind of money. That is how insurance companies can confidently state the savings.
This emphasizes why drivers must quote coverage with many companies. It is impossible to predict the company that will give you the biggest savings.
Shop smart and save
Budget-conscious car insurance is attainable online in addition to many Spring Hill insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who do not provide online quoting and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to lower your car insurance rates. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
Drivers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including questionable increases in premium, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in paying claims or even unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company can be easier than you think.