Are you drained from scraping nickels together to keep your car insured? You have the same problem as the majority of other drivers in North Carolina. Big-name insurance companies like Geico, 21st Century and Progressive all promote huge savings with advertising and it is challenging if not impossible to ignore the propoganda and find the best price available.
It’s a great practice to compare premium rates before your next renewal because prices tend to go up over time. Even if you think you had the best price on your last policy you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because I’m going to teach you the tricks you need to know to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Finding low cost car insurance quotes is actually easier than you may think. The only thing you need to do is invest a few minutes comparing rate quotes to see which company has . This can be accomplished by using one of the methods below.
- The simplest way to compare a lot of rates at once would be an industry-wide quote request form click to view form in new window. This style of form keeps you from doing a different quote for every company. One form submission will get you rate comparisons from several companies.
- A slightly less efficient method to get comparison quotes requires visiting each individual company website to complete a price quote. For instance, let’s assume you are doing a rate comparison from Liberty Mutual, Esurance and American Family. In order to compare rates, you need to spend time on each company’s site and punch in your information repeatedly, which is why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to insurance companies in Stallings, click here.
You can choose any of those ways to find more affodable coverage, but compare apples-to-apples coverage information for each price quote. If you enter different limits and deductibles on each one it will be very difficult to make an equal comparison in Stallings.
Affordable North Carolina car insurance rates with discounts
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at quote time, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Professional Memberships – Participating in a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount on your next car insurance statement.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount may save as much as 25% on a . The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Driver Safety – Passing a safe driver class may get you a small discount and make you a better driver.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed in the military can result in better prices.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discount credits are not given the the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- Geico offers discounts for defensive driver, anti-theft, federal employee, air bags, anti-lock brakes, and daytime running lights.
- State Farm discounts include Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, safe vehicle, student away at school, defensive driving training, and driver’s education.
- Esurance may have discounts that include Switch & Save, anti-theft, online quote, paid-in-full, emergency road assistance, claim free, and good student.
- The Hartford offers discounts including anti-theft, air bag, driver training, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, and bundle.
If you want , ask each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in every state. To see a list of insurers who offer cheap car insurance quotes in Stallings, click here to view.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions may help you determine whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in North Carolina?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Additional resources for North Carolina consumers
Even more information can be found at the North Carolina Department of Insurance website. North Carolina drivers can find a variety of consumer forms, find out which companies have the most complaints, read state legal mandates and laws, and view agent and company licensing information.