Drivers who are new to comparing prices online may find locating is tougher than they thought.
The easiest way to compare car insurance company rates is to know the trick most larger insurance companies participate in a system to give you rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is give them some information such as the ages of drivers, whether the vehicles are used for commuting, your general credit rating, and how much education you have. That rating information gets transmitted to all major companies and they return rate quotes instantly.
To get price quotes for your car now, click here and complete the form.
Auto insurance advertisements
Respected companies like Geico, State Farm and Progressive seem to constantly run ads on television and other media. They all tend to make the same promise that drivers can save some big amount if you move your coverage to them. How is it possible that every company can have lower policy pricing? It’s all in the words they use.
Insurance companies are able to cherry pick for the type of customer that will not have excessive claims. One example of a profitable customer could possibly be a mature driver, has a clean driving record, and does not commute to work. A driver that fits those parameters will most likely get cheap premium rates and will also save some money.
People who don’t meet the requirements may be forced to pay higher prices and this results in the customer buying from a different company. The trick is to say “customers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” save the amount stated. That’s why insurance companies can make claims like that.
This illustrates why it is so important to compare rate quotes every year. You cannot predict with any certainty which company will fit your personal profile best.
Auto insurance companies offer money-saving discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always list every discount they offer very clearly, so we researched some of the more common and the harder-to-find ways to save on auto insurance.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle with one company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- New Car Discount – Putting coverage on a new car may earn a small discount because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Theft Deterent System – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Renewal Discounts – Some larger companies provide a discount for buying a new policy before your current expiration date. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy and insure them with the same company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a course in defensive driving can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accident claims.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags can receive discounts up to 30%.
- Professional Organizations – Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could earn you a nice discount on auto insurance.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given the the whole policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that you could get a free auto insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
Auto insurance companies that may offer quotes with these benefits include:
Double check with every company how you can save money. Some discounts may not apply in your state. To see a list of auto insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Bunkie, click here to view.
When to contact an insurance agency
Certain consumers just prefer to go talk to an agent and that can be a smart move A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that you can obtain the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. And buying from local agencies is important particularly in Bunkie.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Bunkie that can give you for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you wish to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, just visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
If you are searching for a local agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Auto insurance agencies can either be independent or captive depending on the company they work for.
These type of agents do not write with just one company so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your policy is moved internally which is easy for the insured. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, it’s recommended you include rate quotes from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most also write with mutual insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Bunkie that may be able to provide pricing information.
- Delta Insurance – 929 Shirley Rd – Bunkie, LA 71322 – (318) 346-9995
- Roy Riche Insurance – 111 W Church St – Bunkie, LA 71322 – (318) 346-2711
Captive Insurance Agencies
These agents can only place business with one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. These agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which aids in selling service over price. Some people will only choose to use a captive agent partially due to loyalty to the company rather than low price.
Choosing the best insurance agency requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. These questions are important to ask:
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Bunkie?
- Where are claims handled?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- What discounts might you be missing?
If you get satisfactory answers and locked in a price quote, you’ve probably found an auto insurance agent that is reputable and can adequately provide auto insurance.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When buying adequate coverage, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Much more information about auto insurance in Louisiana can be found on the through this link. Louisiana consumers can read industry bulletins, learn about specific coverages, download brochures, and get help finding coverage.
Compare but don’t skimp
We just showed you a lot of tips how to lower your auto insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more you , the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from an unexpected company.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cheaper auto insurance can be found from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Bunkie agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who may not have price quotes online and many times these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.