Are you tired of being strong-armed to make your car insurance payment? You’re in the same situation as many other Arkansas consumers. Multiple auto insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, and it can be difficult to compare rates and uncover the absolute cheapest price
More affordable rates with these discounts
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there could be available discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be applied when you quote, but some need to be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Early Switch Discount – A few insurance companies give discounts for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current policy. You could save around 10% when you .
- Military Rewards – Having an actively deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- E-sign – Many insurance companies will give you a small discount for signing up on the web.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Insureds without accidents could pay up to 40% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner can get you a discount since owning and maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are less likely to be stolen and will qualify for a discount on a .
- Resident Student – College-age children who live away from home to go to college without a vehicle on campus may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a defensive driving class is a good idea and can lower rates if you qualify.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control have fewer accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride.
Insurance companies who may offer some of the above discounts include:
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent how you can save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in your state. To see a list of insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Arkansas, click here to view.
Car insurance can be complex
When choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions might point out if your insurance needs may require specific advice.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-43.jpg" alt="lower rates in Ozark Arkansas” />
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Arkansas minimum liability coverage?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Can you really save if you switch?
Consumers constantly see and hear ads for car insurance savings by Geico, State Farm and Progressive. They all say the same thing that drivers can save some big amount if you move your policy.
It sounds good, but how can they all save you money? This is the way they can do it.
All the different companies have an ideal profile for the type of driver they prefer to insure. A good example of a desirable risk could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 50, is a homeowner, and drives a safe vehicle. A customer getting a price quote that matches those criteria will most likely get cheap premium rates and most likely will save a lot of money.
People who do not fit the requirements must pay a higher rate and ends up with the customer buying from a different company. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that kind of money. That is how insurance companies can confidently make those statements. Because every company is different, you absolutely need to get price quotes at each policy renewal. It’s not possible to predict which insurance companies will provide you with the cheapest auto insurance rates.
More tips and info about car insurance can be found at the Arkansas Insurance Department website. Consumers can file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, read industry bulletins, read consumer alerts, and view a list of available companies.
In the end, you save
You just read quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on car insurance. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like Allstate, Geico and Progressive.
When getting , don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to find out they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.