If you’re looking for more affordable insurance online, are you frustrated by the dozens of car insurance companies in your area? There are so many options that it can easily turn into a chore to find the lowest price. Everyone knows Picayune is an excellent city in which to live, but high . car insurance rates can make it nearly impossible for many drivers to affordably insure vehicles.
Consumers should take time to do rate comparisons once or twice a year because car insurance rates change quite often. Even if you think you had the best premium rates six months ago you can probably find a better price now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re about to find out one of the quickest ways to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
Discounts for lower Mississippi car insurance rates
Companies don’t necessarily list all disounts very clearly, so here is a list a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden car insurance savings.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance with one insurance company they may give you a discount of up to 20% off your total premium.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Driver Training Discounts – Successfully completing a defensive driving class could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Picayune Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner can help you save on car insurance since owning and maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Telematics Data – Policyholders that allow their insurance company to scrutinize driving patterns by installing a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could possibly reduce rates as long as the data is positive.
As is typical with insurance, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers discounts for passive restraint, defensive driving training, good student, multiple policy, and accident-free.
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, online signing, good student, and homeowner.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including good student, save driver, payment discounts, continuous insurance, hybrid/electric vehicle, and multi-car.
- American Family includes discounts for bundled insurance, accident-free, mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, air bags, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include new move discount, good student, multi-policy, exclusive group savings, new vehicle discount, and newly retired.
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Some discounts might not apply in Picayune. To find providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Picayune, follow this link.
The most recommended method to compare rate quotes is to take advantage of the fact all the major auto insurance companies participate in a system to give free rates quotes. To get started, all you need to do is provide information such as daily mileage, if you went to college, whether the vehicles are used for commuting, and how much coverage you want. Your details gets sent immediately to multiple companies and you will receive price estimates instantly to find the best rate.
To compare rates for your car now, click here and enter your coverage details.
How to lower your car insurance rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that go into determining the rates you pay for car insurance. If you know what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to big savings.
- Only buy incidental coverages you need – There are quite a few extra bells and whistles that you can get tricked into buying when buying car insurance. Insurance for things like roadside assistance, accidental death, and membership fees are some examples. The coverages may be enticing when buying your policy, but if they’re wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Get married and pay lower premiums – Your spouse can get you a discount compared to being single. It may mean you are more mature and responsible and statistics prove drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Gaps in coverage mean higher car insurance rates – Driving without insurance is not a good idea and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance expire. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could result in fines or a revoked license. You may have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Mississippi DMV.
- Cars with good safety ratings cost less to insure – Vehicles that have high safety ratings cost less to insure. Highly rated vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your car, truck, or SUV scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Big cities mean more claims – Residing in less populated areas of the country is a good thing if you are looking for the lowest rates. Less people means a lower chance of having an accident and lower theft and vandalism rates. People in densly populated areas tend to have more traffic problems and more severe claims. Spending more time driving translates into higher accident risk.
Insurance agents can help
When choosing coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions might point out whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Local neighborhood Picayune car insurance agents
Some people still like to talk to a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Experienced insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of comparing car insurance online is you may find the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this simple form, your insurance data is immediately sent to companies in Picayune who will gladly provide quotes for your business. You won’t even need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to you directly. If you want to quote rates from a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Selecting a insurance company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Mississippi?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
How to choose the best car insurance agent in Picayune
If you want a reputable agency, you should know the different types of agents that you can select. Car insurance agencies can either be captive agents or independent agents. Both types can sell and service car insurance coverage, but we need to point out the differences since it can affect which type of agent you select.
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive agencies can only place business with one company such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. Captive agents are well trained on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers sometimes use the same agent mainly due to the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
The following are captive agents in Picayune that can give you price quotes.
- State Farm Insurance – 311 N Main St – Picayune, MS 39466 – (601) 798-4425
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 6361 Highway 11 N – Picayune, MS 39466 – (601) 798-2861
Independent agencies are not restriced to one company and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To move your coverage to a new company, they can switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you include independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most also have access to smaller regional carriers which could offer lower prices.
Below are independent insurance agents in Picayune willing to provide price quotes.
- John Pigott Agency – 915 Highway 43 N – Picayune, MS 39466 – (601) 798-7005
- Seal Insurance Inc – 116 E Canal St – Picayune, MS 39466 – (601) 799-1758
- John Pigott Insurance – 1105 Memorial Blvd – Picayune, MS 39466 – (601) 798-6644
To view more licensed insurance agents in Picayune, view this full listing of car insurance agencies in Picayune, MS.
Cheaper car insurance is a realistic goal
Cheap car insurance can be found from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers don’t offer online rate quotes and usually these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agencies.
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including questionable increases in premium, lack of trust in their agent, policy cancellation or policy non-renewal. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching car insurance companies can be pretty painless.
We just covered a lot of information how to get a better price on car insurance. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
More information about car insurance
More tips and info about car insurance can be found at the Mississippi Insurance Department website. Mississippi drivers can read consumer alerts, learn about specific coverages, read industry bulletins, and learn about insurance regulations.