If you’ve never shopped for car insurance online, it’s easy to be confused due to the large number of companies competing for business in Kokomo.
You should make it a habit to compare rates periodically because prices are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you got the lowest rates a year ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Starting now, ignore everything you know about car insurance because we’re going to show you the best methods to find lower rates on car insurance.
Do you qualify for a discount?
Companies don’t list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list both the well known as well as the least known car insurance savings.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down could qualify for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military could mean lower rates.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a policy before your current policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- No Charge for an Accident – A handful of insurance companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- New Car Discount – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck.
To see a list of insurers who offer car insurance discounts in Kokomo, follow this link.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-101.jpg" alt="Indiana car insurance“/>
How to Compare Car Insurance Quotes in Kokomo
To find the best car insurance prices, there are several ways of comparing rates from car insurance companies in your area. The best way to find the cheapest insurance rates is to perform an online rate comparison. This can be done using a couple different methods.
- Probably the best way to find the lowest comparison rates is a comparison rater form click to view form in new window. This easy form saves time by eliminating repetitive form submissions for every car insurance company. Taking the time to complete one form will return quotes from several companies. It’s definitely the quickest method.
- A more difficult way to get comparison quotes is spending the time to visit the website for every company you want to comare to request a price quote. For instance, let’s say you want comparison quotes from Auto-Owners, State Farm and Allstate. To get each rate you have to spend time on each company’s site to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to insurance companies in Kokomo, click here.
- The least recommended way of getting rate comparisons is to spend your day driving to local Kokomo insurance agencies. Shopping for car insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you require the professional advice of a local Kokomo agent. Drivers can price shop online but still have the advice of a local agent and you’ll learn how to do that later.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but make sure you use identical coverages and limits for every company. If you compare unequal deductibles or liability limits you can’t possibly make a fair comparison in Kokomo. Slightly different insurance coverages can mean a large discrepancy in price. Just remember that getting more free quotes helps you find a lower rate.
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to buying the best car insurance coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- What is the minimum liability in Indiana?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Compare but don’t skimp
Affordable car insurance can be sourced from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Kokomo agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not provide online quoting and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
When shopping online for car insurance, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where someone dropped collision coverage only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Drivers change insurance companies for many reasons like being labeled a high risk driver, high rates after DUI convictions, high prices and poor customer service. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding the right car insurance provider is less work than it seems.