If online car insurance comparisons are new to you, it’s easy to be confused by the sheer number of online car insurance companies and websites vying for business in Surprise.
You need to get comparison quotes periodically since insurance rates are constantly changing. Just because you had the lowest rates two years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Don’t believe everything you read about car insurance online, so we’re going to give you a bunch of ideas how to reduce your car insurance bill.
Finding the best rates in Surprise is easy if you know what you’re doing. In a nutshell, every driver who has to buy car insurance will be able to cut their insurance bill. Although Arizona consumers must learn how the larger insurance companies market on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Auto insurance companies don’t always list every available discount very clearly, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of 20% or more.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class in high school.
- Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give lower rates if you buy life insurance.
- Paperwork-free – A few companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up online.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies offer discounts for signing up before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
- Anti-theft System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Accident Forgiveness – A few companies will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To see a list of companies offering car insurance discounts in Arizona, follow this link.
Smart Buyers can Save Money
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that help determine the rates you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get better car insurance rates.
- Consolidate policies to earn discounts – Most car insurance companies will give a discount to customers who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s in your best interest to shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Proper usage rating affects rates – The more miles you rack up on your car in a year the higher your rate. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Ask your agent if your car insurance policy properly reflects how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money.
- Mature drivers pay less – Young drivers in Arizona tend to be less responsible in a vehicle so car insurance rates are higher. Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and get fewer tickets.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – There are many additional coverages that can waste your money when buying car insurance. Coverages for roadside assistance, accident forgiveness and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea at first, but if you don’t need them eliminate them to save money.
- Your spouse saves you money – Having a spouse can get you a discount when buying car insurance. It usually means you are more mature it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Don’t let your coverage lapse – Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a guaranteed way to bump up your car insurance costs. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- What type of vehicle do you drive? – The performance level of the vehicle you drive makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. The most favorable rates tend to be for low performance passenger vehicles, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
When buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Surprise?
- Do I qualify for additional discounts?
- Should I buy only the required Arizona minimum liability coverage?
- Does my personal auto insurance policy cover using my vehicle for business use?
- When should I drop full coverage on my vehicle?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Aren’t my neighborhood agents an option?
Some consumers prefer to sit down with an agent and that is OK! One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is you may find the best rates and still choose a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, the coverage information is emailed to companies in Surprise who will return price quotes to get your business. You don’t have to leave your computer since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. How’s that for easy! You’ll get the best rates without the usual hassles of price shopping.
Picking an insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the price. Any agent should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
When searching for a good Surprise insurance agent, there are two types of insurance agents that you can select. Agents are either independent (non-captive) or captive.
Captive Insurance Agents
These agents are contracted to one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm and AAA. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Captives are trained well on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from captives primarily because of loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
The following is a list of captive agencies in Surprise who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- State Farm Insurance – 13754 W Bell Rd # 4 – Surprise, AZ 85374 – (623) 974-2600
- Allstate Insurance Co – 13732 W Bell Rd # 4 – Surprise, AZ 85374 – (623) 584-1735
- Farmers Insurance Group – 13311 W Port Au Prince Ln – Surprise, AZ 85379 – (623) 974-1500
- American Family Insurance – 17126 N 134th Dr # 2 – Surprise, AZ 85374 – (623) 546-3535
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are not required to write business for one company so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to find a new agent. When searching for an agent, we recommend you include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most have the option of insuring with smaller companies which can save you money.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Surprise willing to provide price quote information.
- Insurancebeacon Com Inc – 15270 W Brookside Ln – Surprise, AZ 85374 – (623) 584-0071
- LA Chance Chambless Agency – 14245 W Grand Ave # 3 – Surprise, AZ 85374 – (623) 583-0020
- A Moreland Agency – 16846 W Bell Rd # 111 – Surprise, AZ 85374 – (623) 214-8303
- Fontana Insurance – 12233 W Bell Rd # 201 – Surprise, AZ 85374 – (602) 843-2400
- Ray Grim Agency Inc – 12213 W Bell Rd # 210 – Surprise, AZ 85374 – (623) 876-1793
To view a complete directory of licensed insurance agents in Surprise, please click here.
After receiving satisfactory answers and a low price estimate, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that can insure your vehicles.
Don’t listen to company ads
Car insurance providers like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm continually stream ads in print and on television. They all make an identical promise that you can save after switching your policy. How does each company make almost identical claims? This is how they do it.
All companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of driver that makes them money. An example of a profitable customer might be profiled as over the age of 50, has no prior claims, and drives newer vehicles. A propective insured that hits that “sweet spot” is entitled to the best price and most likely will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential insureds who fall outside this ideal profile will be charged higher prices which usually ends up with the customer not buying. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much money. That’s why companies can make the claims of big savings. That is why drivers should compare as many rates as you can. It is impossible to predict which car insurance company will provide you with the cheapest rates.
More tips and info about car insurance is located at the Arizona Department of Insurance website. Visitors are able to view agent and company licensing information, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, and report car insurance fraud.
Quote more, save more
Budget-conscious car insurance can be found both online as well as from independent agents in Surprise, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to lower your car insurance rates. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may discover the lowest premiums are with some of the lesser-known companies.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford.