Have you fallen victim to an underperforming, overpriced car insurance policy? Believe me when I say there are lots of people in the same boat. Lots of auto insurance companies contend for your insurance dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurance companies and uncover the absolute lowest cost out there.
Smart consumers take time to do rate comparisons on a regular basis since insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you think you had the lowest rates a couple years back you can probably find a better price now. So forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in one of the quickest ways to save on car insurance.
If you are insured now or are just looking to switch companies, you can follow these tips to get lower rates and still get good coverage. Finding the best rates in Radcliff is not rocket science. Kentucky consumers only need an understanding of the most efficient way to shop their coverage around on the web.
How to Compare Radcliff Car Insurance Rates
Performing a rate comparison can be a daunting task if you don’t understand the most efficient way. You can waste a few hours (or days) discussing policy coverages with insurance companies in Radcliff, or you could save time and use online quotes to accomplish the same thing much quicker.
Most car insurance companies are enrolled in a marketplace that allows shoppers to submit one quote, and each company provides a quote based on that information. This system prevents you from having to do quote requests for every car insurance company.
To submit your quote information now, click to open in new window.
One minor caviat to doing it this way is you are unable to specify the companies to receive prices from. So if you prefer to choose from a list of companies to receive pricing from, we have assembled a list of the cheapest car insurance companies in Kentucky. Click here for list of insurance companies in Kentucky.
It’s up to you which method you use, but ensure you’re using apples-to-apples coverage limits and deductibles for each price quote. If you have unequal deductibles or liability limits you will not be able to determine the lowest rate in Radcliff.
Companies offer discounts so take them!
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, buy you may qualify for discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some trigger automatically at the time of quoting, but a few must be inquired about prior to getting the savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Accident Waiver – Some insurance companies will forgive one accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Paperless Signup – Certain companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application digitally online.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you will save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Save with a New Car – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% since new cars are generally safer.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck. But any discount will reduce the amount you have to pay.
To see a list of insurance companies offering car insurance discounts in Radcliff, follow this link.
Components of your insurance rates
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower car insurance prices.
- Older drivers save more – Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations. Teenage drivers are statistically proven to get distracted easily in a vehicle and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
- Bump up deductibles to save – Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your car from damage. A few examples of covered claims would be running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, or theft. The more you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Save money with special equipment – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all hinder car theft.
- Never let your coverage lapse – Allowing your car insurance policy to lapse is a quick way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage can result in a license revocation or jail time.You may then be required to file a SR-22 with the Kentucky department of motor vehicles.
- The type of vehicle makes a difference – The type of car you drive makes a significant difference in determining your rates. Economy passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Liability coverage is peace of mind – Liability coverage provides coverage in the event that you are found liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
Buying car insurance locally
Some consumers would rather sit down with an agent and that is a personal choice. Agents can point out coverage gaps and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find lower rates but also keep your business local. And supporting local insurance agencies is important particularly in Radcliff.
After filling out this short form, the quote information is submitted to participating agents in Radcliff who will compete for your insurance coverage. You never need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. It doesn’t get any easier!
Types of auto insurance agents in Radcliff
If you’re trying to find local Radcliff agents, you must know there are a couple different agency structures from which to choose. Insurance agencies in Radcliff are either captive or independent (non-captive). Both types can insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know how they are different since it may influence your selection of an agent.
Independent agents do not work for one specific company but rather can write business with multiple insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent. When shopping rates, it’s recommended you include price quotes from at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection.
The following are Radcliff independent insurance agencies that are able to give price quotes.
Geico Insurance – 1815 N Dixie Blvd – Radcliff, KY 40160 – (270) 351-8044
Direct General Ins Agency – 173 E Lincoln Trail Blvd – Radcliff, KY 40160 – (270) 352-5656
Insurance Store – 623 N Wilson Rd # B – Radcliff, KY 40160 – (270) 352-2210
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive insurance agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Captives are trained well on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below is a list of captive agencies in Radcliff that are able to give price quote information.
State Farm Insurance – 1460 N Dixie Blvd # C – Radcliff, KY 40160 – (270) 351-5549
Allstate Insurance Co – 663 N Dixie Blvd – Radcliff, KY 40160 – (270) 351-4100
For a full directory of Radcliff captive insurance agencies, please view this page.
Picking an insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Any agent should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Kentucky?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
Upon receiving good answers and locked in a price quote, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that can properly service your car insurance policy.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions might help in determining whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Does my personal auto insurance policy cover using my vehicle for business use?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Additional information is available on the website for the Kentucky Department of Insurance. Click here for link. Consumers can find disaster information, read state legal mandates and laws, and find out which companies have the most complaints.
When buying insurance coverage, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Cheap car insurance is available online and with local Radcliff insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not offer online price quotes and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.