Shopping for low-cost Lennox auto insurance online is rather challenging for beginners to buying insurance online. When there are so many insurers to choose from, how can consumers even start to compare the different rates to find the best pricing?
Consumers need to compare rates before your policy renews since insurance rates are constantly changing. If you had the lowest rates a couple years back there may be better deals available now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to one of the easiest ways to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money.
Many Things Influence your Rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that go into determining auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that could result in big savings.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” auto insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- Older drivers save more – Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel. Teen drivers are statistically proven to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Your spouse saves you money – Getting married actually saves money when buying auto insurance. It means you’re more mature and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder your car from being stolen.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Most insurance companies will award you with lower prices to people who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to 10 percent or more. Even if you’re getting this discount you may still want to shop around to ensure the best deal.
- Cautious drivers pay less – Good drivers have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. Even a single citation can increase rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with flagrant tickets such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to keep their license.
How to Compare Auto Insurance in Lennox
There are several ways of comparing rates from local in Lennoxauto insurance companies. The best method to compare insurance prices is to get quotes online. This can be done in a couple of different ways.
- One of the simplest ways consumers can make multiple comparisons is to use a rate comparison form like this one (opens in new window). This easy form eliminates the need for multiple quote forms for each company you want a rate for. Taking the time to complete one form will return price quotes instantly. It’s the fastest way to compare.
- A more difficult way to shop for auto insurance online requires you to visit the website for every company you want to comare and complete a new quote form. For instance, let’s assume you want to compare State Farm, Safeco and Liberty Mutual. To find out each rate you need to visit each site to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is more popular.
To view a list of companies in Lennox, click here.
Which method you use is up to you, but make darn sure you compare apples-to-apples coverages and limits with each company. If your comparisons have differing limits you will not be able to determine which rate is truly the best in Lennox. Just a small difference in insurance coverages may result in a large different in cost. Keep in mind that quoting more will enable you to find better pricing.
Cut your premium with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list some of the best known and the more hidden ways to save on auto insurance.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Life Insurance – Some companies give lower rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Multi-car Discount – Having more than one vehicle with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- One Accident Forgiven – Some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Military Discounts – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
To see a list of providers with the best auto insurance discounts in South Dakota, click here.
Even more information can be read at the South Dakota Division of Insurance website. South Dakota consumers can view a list of available companies, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, and find out which companies have the most complaints.
A little work can save a LOT of money
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including denial of a claim, unfair underwriting practices, high rates after DUI convictions or being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company is easier than you think.
As you restructure your insurance plan, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
We just showed you a lot of ways to compare auto insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may even find the lowest rates come from a small local company.