Buying low-cost Big Piney car insurance can be problematic for people who are new to buying their car insurance online. With more and more online companies available, how are people expected to have time to compare all the different companies and get the lowest rates?
It is always a good idea to compare prices on a regular basis due to the fact that insurance prices change regularly. Just because you had the best price six months ago you can probably find a better rate now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the right way to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Cutting your car insurance rates is a fairly straight forward process. The only requirement is to take a few minutes comparing rates to find out which insurance company has . This can easily be done using a couple different methods.
- Hands down the most simple method consumers can make multiple comparisons is an all-inclusive rate comparison click to view form in new window. This style of form prevents you from having to do separate quote forms for every company. Taking the time to complete one form gets you price quotes instantly. This is by far the quickest method.
- Another way to analyze rates requires a trip to the website of each company to request a price quote. For examples sake, let’s say you need rates from State Farm, Allstate and Geico. To get rate quotes you would need to spend time going to each site individually to enter the same coverage data repeatedly, which can take a lot of time.
To view a list of companies in Big Piney, click here.
Whichever way you use, make sure you use equivalent information for each quote you get. If you have different values for each quote you will not be able to make an equal comparison in Big Piney.
Save a ton by applying discounts
Some providers do not list their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that you may qualify for. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Auto/Life Discount – Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give better rates if you take out some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can combine your auto and home policy and insure them with the same company you may save nearly 15% which can help you find .
- Defensive Driver Discount – Passing a driver safety class can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers could pay up to 40% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active duty in the military may lower your car insurance rates slightly.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
A list of car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for driver’s education, accident-free, passive restraint, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, student away at school, and good driver.
- Progressive has savings for online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, and good student.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including good student, save driver, multi-policy, new car, home ownership, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- American Family offers discounts including multi-vehicle, air bags, bundled insurance, good driver, good student, and Steer into Savings.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for exclusive group savings, newly retired, hybrid vehicle, multi-car, new graduate, and newly married.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders everywhere. To see insurers that offer the discounts shown above in Big Piney, click here to view.
More tips and info about car insurance can be read at the Wyoming Insurance Department website. Visitors are able to read state legal mandates and laws, read consumer alerts, and find a variety of consumer forms.