Have you finally had enough of being strong-armed to insure your vehicles every month? You’re in the same situation as many other Indiana drivers. Lots of auto insurance companies contend for your business, so it’s not easy to compare every insurance company to discover the definitive best price available.
The quickest way to compare rates utilizes the fact almost all companies participate in online systems to compare rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide a little information such as whether you are married, daily mileage, how you use your vehicles, and whether or not you need a SR-22. That information is then sent to insurance carriers in your area and they provide comparison quotes almost instantly.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance.
Discounts can really help lower rates
Some providers don’t always list the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list a few of the more well known and the more hidden auto insurance savings.
- Driver Safety – Completing a defensive driver course could earn you a small percentage discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow data collection to scrutinize their driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may see discounts if their driving habits are good.
- Distant College Student Discount – College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from home and do not take a car to college may qualify for this discount.
- Professional Organizations – Belonging to specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your policy.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles can earn cheaper auto insurancerates.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers without accidents can save as much as half off their rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower premium rates.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance with the same company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
As a sidenote, some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that’s just not realistic.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- State Farm includes discounts for driver’s education, multiple autos, good driver, safe vehicle, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for newly retired, hybrid vehicle, new vehicle discount, good student, exclusive group savings, and new move discount.
- American Family offers discounts for TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, good student, and early bird.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-vehicle, online signing, good student, online quote discount, homeowner, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include good student, electronic funds transfer, alternative fuel, early shopping, and homeowner.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has discounts for paid in full, air bags, anti-theft, mature driver, anti-lock brakes, safe vehicle, and multiple vehicles.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, multi-car, homeowner, safe driver, and accident prevention training.
Double check with all the companies the best way to save money. Savings might not apply in Clarksville. If you would like to see a list of companies with discount rates in Clarksville, click here to view.
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Every insured’s situation is different and your policy should reflect that. For example, these questions might help in determining whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Much more information about auto insurance in Indiana can be found on the located here. Consumers can view agent and company licensing information, report car insurance fraud, and find disaster information.
Other related articles:
A little work can save a LOT of money
There are still a few companies who do not provide internet price quotes and usually these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies. Affordable auto insurance can be purchased both online in addition to many Clarksville insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection.
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, an insured cut collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.