Nobody I know cherishes buying auto insurance, especially knowing they are paying too much. Insurance companies such as State Farm and GEICO promote their brand names with ads and it is difficult to ignore the propoganda and take the time to shop coverage around.
Consumers need to compare rates periodically since rates change regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price six months ago you can probably find a better price now. There is too much inaccurate information about auto insurance on the internet, so with this article, you’re going to get some guaranteed methods to find cheap auto insurance.
Which Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Dublin, OH?
Lowering your auto insurance rates isn’t really that difficult. Consumers just need to take time comparing rate quotes online with multiple companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in several different ways.
- One of the simplest ways to find the lowest comparison rates is to use a rate comparison form like this one (opens in new window). This type of form keeps you from doing separate forms for every auto insurance company. Just one form gets rate comparisons from several companies.
- A different way to compare rate quotes consists of going to the website for each individual company to complete a price quote. For instance, we’ll pretend you want comparison quotes from USAA, Farmers and Liberty Mutual. You would have to visit each site to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Dublin, click here.
- The most time-consuming way to get comparison rates to local Dublin insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you require the professional guidance of a licensed agent. Drivers can comparison shop online and still use a local agent and you’ll learn how to do that later.
However you get your quotes, be sure to compare identical coverage limits and deductibles for each comparison quote. If you enter mixed coverages it will be very difficult to determine which rate is truly the best in Dublin.
Do you qualify for a discount?
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we break down some of the best known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home in Dublin may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
- Resident Student – Kids in college living away from home attending college and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
To see a list of providers who offer auto insurance discounts in Ohio, click here.
How to Lower your Auto Insurance Rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that go into determining the rates you pay for auto insurance. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with big savings.
- Safer cars are cheaper to insure – Safer cars are cheaper to insure. These vehicles protect occupants better and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates.
- Don’t cancel a policy without a new one in place – Driving your car without having proper coverage is illegal and auto insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage have a gap. Not only will you pay more, but not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Too many auto insurance claims drive up costs – If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Companies in Ohio generally give discounts to insureds who are claim-free. Auto insurance is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- Your age impacts your rates – More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to cause fewer accidents and are safer drivers. Young drivers have a tendency to be less responsible when driving therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Rates may be higher depending on your occupation – Occupations like doctors, business owners and accountants tend to pay higher rates than average attributed to job stress and long work hours. On the flip side, professions such as actors, athletes and the unemployed have the lowest average rates.
- Your credit rating is important – Credit score is a big factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Drivers who have excellent credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings. If your credit history is low, you could pay less to insure your by improving your rating.
- Performance influences rates – The make and model of the car you are buying insurance for makes a big difference in how high your rates are. The cheapest insurance rates are usually for small economy passenger vehicles, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Online quotes with a local Dublin insurance agent
Some people prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that you can obtain the best rates and still choose a local agent.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You never need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. How’s that for easy!
Picking an insurer should depend on more than just a cheap price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
How to choose the best car insurance agent in Dublin
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Dublin can either be captive or independent (non-captive). Both types can do a good job, but it’s worth mentioning the differences since it may influence your agent selection.
Captive agents are contracted to one company such as State Farm, Allstate and AAA. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following are Dublin captive agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
Allstate Insurance Co – 6500 Emerald Pkwy # 300 – Dublin, OH 43016 – (937) 439-1125
American Family Insurance – 5152 Blazer Pkwy – Dublin, OH 43017 – (614) 792-7720
Farmers Insurance Group – 5450 Frantz Rd – Dublin, OH 43016 – (614) 889-3784
State Farm Insurance – 6631 Commerce Pkwy – Dublin, OH 43017 – (614) 799-9999
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency. When comparison shopping, it’s recommended you get quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Dublin that can give you price quote information.
C E Davis Insurance Inc – 260 Bradenton Ave – Dublin, OH 43017 – (614) 764-8500
John Hinterschied Agency – 2751 Tuller Pkwy # 110 – Dublin, OH 43017 – (614) 336-9034
Philadelphia Insurance Co – 545 Metro Pl S # 201 – Dublin, OH 43017 – (614) 799-8180
Mike Greenzalis Agency – 6750 Avery Muirfield Dr # 1 – Dublin, OH 43017 – (614) 876-9008
Gary Springer Agency – 5995 Wilcox Pl # C – Dublin, OH 43016 – (614) 764-9311
To view a full list of Dublin insurance agents, visit this site.
After receiving positive responses and a good coverage price, it’s possible that you found an auto insurance agent that can service your policy.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same coverage
When it comes to buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Does my vehicle need full coverage?
- What are Ohio no-fault laws?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving my company car?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Ohio?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- When should I drop full coverage on my vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Even more information is located at the Ohio Department of Insurance website. Visitors are able to view a list of available companies, discover disciplinary actions, file complaints about a company, and find disaster information.
Other related articles:
Misconceptions in auto insurance advertisements
Consumers in Ohio can’t get away from ads for the lowest price auto insurance from companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. They all seem to make an identical promise of big savings if you change your policy.
How do they all claim to save you money?
All companies have a certain “appetite” for the right customer that makes them money. An example of a driver they prefer might be between 30 and 50, has no prior claims, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Any driver who fits that profile will qualify for the lowest rates and therefore will save a lot of money.
Consumers who do not match the requirements will have to pay higher premiums and ends up with the customer not buying. The ads say “customers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save money. That is how companies can truthfully claim big savings. Because of the profiling, drivers should compare many company’s rates. It’s just too difficult to predict which company will give you the biggest savings.
Smart consumers save more
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Affordable auto insurance can be found from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Dublin agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.