Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy an underperforming, overpriced car insurance policy? Trust us, you’re not alone. You have multiple car insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and although it’s nice to be able to choose, it can be more challenging to find the best rates for your vehicles.
Consumers should take time to compare prices every six months because rates fluctuate regularly. If you had the best deal a couple years back you may be paying too much now. So just block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re going to learn the proper way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Car Insurance Comparison Rates in Framingham, MA
Finding lower Framingham car insurance rates isn’t really that difficult. Consumers just need to spend a few minutes on the computer to compare rate quotes provided by online insurance companies. This can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- One of the simplest ways consumers can analyze rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison click to view form in new window. This method prevents you from having to do separate forms for every car insurance company. One form gets you price quotes instantly.
- Another way to shop for car insurance online consists of visiting the website for every company you want to comare and complete a new quote form. For example, let’s assume you want to compare GEICO, Farmers and Travelers. You would have to spend time on each company’s site to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is quicker.
To view a list of companies in Framingham, click here.
- The least efficient method to compare rates to local Framingham insurance agencies. Buying insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you want the professional advice of a licensed agent. You can, however, get the lowest quotes online but buy from a local insurance agent. We’ll cover that shortly.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just make sure you use apples-to-apples coverages on every quote. If you use mixed coverages you will not be able to determine the lowest rate in Framingham.
Local Framingham agents and car insurance
Some people prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! Good agents can point out coverage gaps and give you peace of mind. The best thing about getting online price quotes is that you can obtain the best rates and still choose a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Framingham who will give you bids for your coverage. There is no need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. How’s that for easy!
Selecting an insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. Any agent should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies?
Best insurance agency in Framingham
When searching for a reliable agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Framingham are classified as either independent (non-captive) or captive. Both write coverage properly, but it’s worth mentioning how they differ because it can impact the selection process.
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive insurance agents have only one company to place business with such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance and Allstate. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Captive agencies receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage.
Shown below are captive insurance agents in Framingham who may provide you with price quotes.
Liberty Mutual Insurance – 405 Cochituate Rd – Framingham, MA 01701 – (508) 875-6955
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents do not work for one specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies without you having to go to a different agency. When searching for an agent, it’s recommended you include several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from.
Below is a list of independent agents in Framingham that are able to give price quote information.
LJM Insurance Inc – 327 Union Ave – Framingham, MA 01702 – (508) 872-0662
Daniel Bernard Insurance – 280 Worcester Rd – Framingham, MA 01702 – (508) 620-9060
To view a full list of insurance agents in Framingham, visit this site.
Upon getting satisfactory answers and locked in a price quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that is a good match to provide car insurance coverage.
Additional Massachusetts consumer information
More tips and info about car insurance can be read at the Massachusetts Division of Insurance website. Consumers can find out which companies have the most complaints, file complaints about a company, report car insurance fraud, and read enforcement actions against agents and companies.