People who are new to comparing insurance rates online might discover purchasing the cheapest Beaverton auto insurance nearly impossible.
It’s important to compare prices at least once a year since insurance rates go up and down regularly. Even if you got the best price two years ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the easiest way to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
Beaverton Auto Insurance Prices Online
Shopping for lower auto insurance rates can be challenging if you aren’t aware of the most efficient way to do it. You could waste a few hours discussing policy coverages with agents in Beaverton, or you could use the internet to get pricing more quickly.
Most major companies take part in a program that enables customers to submit their information once, and every company then returns a price quote based on the submitted data. This system prevents you from having to do quote requests for every auto insurance company.
To get comparison pricing now click here to open in new window.
The only drawback to pricing coverage this way is that consumers can’t choose which carriers to receive prices from. So if you prefer to choose specific providers to compare, we have assembled a list of auto insurance companies in Oregon. Click here for list of insurance companies in Oregon.
Whichever way you use, ensure you are comparing identical deductibles and coverage limits with each company. If you enter mixed coverages then you won’t be able to make a fair comparison in Beaverton.
Cut your premium with discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize every available discount very clearly, so we break down some of the best known and also the lesser-known ways to save on auto insurance. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% with a few auto insurance companies.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive better auto insurance rates.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a course teaching defensive driving skills can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class in high school.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
To see a list of companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Oregon, click here.
Buying car insurance locally
Some people prefer to talk to a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you someone to call. The best thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this simple form, the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents in Beaverton who will compete for your business. There is no reason to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. How cool is that?!<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-65.jpg" alt="Beaverton OR insurance quotes” />
Picking an insurer requires more thought than just a cheap price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Ommissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- What insurance companies do they work with?
Different types of insurance agents in Beaverton
When researching a good Beaverton insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agents to choose from. Agencies in Beaverton can either be captive or independent (non-captive). Either one can write coverage properly, but it’s good to learn the differences since it may influence your agent selection.
Captive agencies are contracted to one company and examples are American Family, Liberty Mutual and AAA. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. They are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers sometimes buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
Listed below are captive insurance agencies in Beaverton that are able to give comparison quotes.
- American Family Insurance – 20573 SW Tualatin Valley Hwy – Beaverton, OR 97006 – (503) 356-1553
- State Farm Insurance – 21055 SW Tualatin Valley Hwy – Beaverton, OR 97006 – (503) 649-9514
- Farmers Insurance Group – 10788 SW Oriole Cir – Beaverton, OR 97007 – (503) 646-1174
- Allstate Insurance – 16157 NW Cornell Rd # 109 – Beaverton, OR 97006 – (503) 690-4994
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part. When shopping rates, it’s a good idea to include price quotes from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.Most can insure with lesser-known insurance companies which can save you money.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Beaverton willing to provide price quotes.
- Sherry A Warshauer Agency – 3815 SW Hall Blvd – Beaverton, OR 97005 – (503) 643-8507
- Truck Insurance Svc – – Beaverton, OR 97006 – (503) 356-0981
- John L Mc Nassar Agency – 5725 SW Hall Blvd – Beaverton, OR 97005 – (503) 644-7954
- Matt Forman Agency Inc – 3805 SW Hall Blvd – Beaverton, OR 97005 – (503) 526-2999
- Nationwide Insurance – 6149 SW Murray Blvd – Beaverton, OR 97008 – (503) 643-3392
To view a full list of Beaverton insurance agents, simply jump to this page.
After getting reasonable responses to any questions you have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you’ve probably found an insurance agency that will adequately provide auto insurance.
What determines how much you pay?
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. Knowing what influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
- Protect your assets with liability insurance – The liability section of your policy provides coverage in the event that a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Do you need the policy add-ons? – There are a ton of add-on coverages that can waste your money on your policy. Things like vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
- Better credit means lower rates – Having a bad credit score is a huge factor in determining your rates. Therefore, if your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could save money insuring your by improving your rating. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have poor credit.
- Never go without insurance – Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a guaranteed way to pay more for auto insurance. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage will get you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Cautious drivers pay less – Drivers with clean records have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Just one ticket may increase your cost twenty percent or more. Drivers who have severe citations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Women pay lower rates – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women tend to get into accidents in similar percentages, but men have costlier accidents. Men also get more serious tickets such as reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Being married can save on auto insurance – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money on your policy. Marriage usually means you are more mature and it’s proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- An active claims history can cost you – Car insurance companies in Oregon give better rates to policyholders who are claim-free. If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Auto insurance is designed for larger claims.
Auto insurance ads bend the truth
Oregon consumers can’t ignore all the ads that promise big savings from companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. All the companies make the same claim that you can save if you move your policy.
How does each company make almost identical claims?
Different companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver that makes them money. For example, a profitable customer could be between the ages of 30 and 50, is a homeowner, and chooses high deductibles. Any new insured who meets those qualifications will get very good rates and therefore will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential insureds who fall outside these standards will be quoted higher premiums which usually ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say “customers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much money. That’s why insurance companies can make the claims of big savings. This emphasizes why you need to get quotes from several different companies. Because you never know which auto insurance company will give you the biggest savings.
Quote more, save more
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Discount auto insurance can be found from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Beaverton, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers don’t offer online price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
We just covered many ways to reduce auto insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
Learn more about Oregon auto insurance
Additional detailed information is located at the Oregon Insurance Division website. Oregon drivers can report car insurance fraud, find out which companies have the most complaints, learn about insurance regulations, and file complaints about a company.