Having to pay for overpriced car insurance can overdraw your checking account and force you to make sacrifices. Comparison shopping is free and is an excellent way to help make ends meet.
Lots of insurers contend to insure your vehicles, and it can be difficult to compare rates and get the best coverage at the lowest cost out there.
You should make it a habit to do rate comparisons yearly since rates change frequently. Even if you think you had the best deal on your last policy there may be better deals available now. So just block out anything you think you know about car insurance because we’re going to show you the tricks you need to know to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
If you currently have car insurance, you should be able to lower your premiums substantially using these methods. Finding the best rates in Oro Valley is not rocket science. Although Arizona vehicle owners must understand how companies compete online and use this information to your advantage.
Low Cost Oro Valley Car Insurance
The are a couple different ways to compare rate quotes from local in Oro Valleycar insurance companies. The recommended way to find the lowest rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online. This can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- Probably the best way to get the best comparison quotes is to use a rate comparison form (click to open form in new window). This method prevents you from having to do repetitive form submissions to each individual car insurance company. Completing one form compares rates from multiple low-cost companies.
- A more difficult way to compare rate quotes is to manually visit each company’s website and fill out their own quote form. For sake of this example, let’s assume you want to compare rates from Nationwide, Liberty Mutual and Farmers. You would have to visit each site and enter your policy data, and that’s why the first method is more popular.
For a handy list of car insurance company links in Oro Valley, click here.
Whichever method you choose, make darn sure you compare apples-to-apples coverage limits for each price quote. If each company quotes different limits and deductibles on each one you can’t possibly find the best deal in Oro Valley. Having just a slight variation in coverage limits can result in a big premium difference. And when price shopping your coverage, having more price comparisons will increase your chances of finding the best rates.
The car insurance bait and switch
Companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive continually stream television and radio advertisements. All the ads have a common claim about savings after switching your policy. How can each company claim to save you money?
Different companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of customer they prefer to insure. For instance, a driver they prefer might be over the age of 50, has no tickets, and has great credit. A driver who matches those parameters will get the preferred rates and is almost guaranteed to save quite a bit of money when switching.
Drivers who fall outside the requirements will be quoted a more expensive rate which usually ends up with business not being written. The ads say “people who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much money. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently make those claims. This emphasizes why drivers should compare as many rates as you can. You cannot predict which car insurance company will fit your personal profile best.
Don’t pay full price with these discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise every discount very clearly, so we break down both well-publicized and also the lesser-known ways to save on car insurance.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home can save you money because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child complete a driver education course in school.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Sign Online – Some insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing online.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think you could get a free car insurance policy, you’re out of luck.
For a list of insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts in Oro Valley, click this link.
Your personal situation dictates your coverage
When choosing the best car insurance coverage, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether you might need professional guidance.
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Arizona?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
More detailed Arizona car insurance information is available at the Arizona Department of Insurance website. Arizona drivers can discover disciplinary actions, download brochures, find out which companies have the most complaints, and read consumer alerts.
More comparisons equals lower rates
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to lower your car insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even find the best prices are with the least-expected company. They can often provide lower rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.