Beginners to comparison shopping online are likely to find sourcing is harder than they anticipated.
If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce your rates substantially using these techniques. Pricing the cheapest car insurance in Mukilteo is simple if you know the tricks. But Washington car owners benefit from understanding how big insurance companies market insurance on the web.
Smart buyers know how to buy car insurance more affordably
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the things that are used to determine your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to lower premium levels. Many things are considered when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but others are more obscure such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
The factors shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by your company to calculate your premiums.
- Responsible drivers pay less – Having just one moving violation can bump up the cost by as much as twenty percent. Careful drivers receive lower rates than bad drivers. Drivers with flagrant tickets like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may be required to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s licensing department in order to legally drive.
- Where you reside factors in – Residing in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has it’s advantages when buying car insurance. Fewer drivers corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to fewer liability claims. Drivers in populated Washington areas have more aggressive driving styles and more time behind the wheel. Higher commute times means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
- High credit history translates to low premiums – Having a bad credit score factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit score could use some work, you could save money insuring your vehicle if you clean up your credit. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with bad credit.
- Cheaper rates after marriage – Being married may save some money when buying car insurance. Having a significant other may mean you are more mature and statistics show married couples file fewer claims.
Discount Mukilteo car insurance rates
Car insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts to reduce the price significantly. Many discounts should be triggered at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be asked about before they will apply.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get better car insurance rates.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off with select insurance companies.
- Sign Online – A handful of companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy on the web.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some larger companies provide a discount for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current policy. It can save you around 10%.
- Driver Training Discounts – Participating in a class that teaches defensive driving techniques could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Geico will turn a blind eye to one accident without raising rates so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Distant Student Discount – Children who attend college more than 100 miles from home and leave their car at home can receive lower rates.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save up to 40% or more on their than less cautious drivers.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works. But all discounts should help lower the cost of coverage.
If you would like to view companies who offer online car insurance quotes in Washington, click here to view.
Local neighborhood Mukilteo car insurance agents
A small number of people prefer to get advice from a local agent. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is that you can obtain the best rates but also keep your business local. And supporting small agencies is definitely important in Mukilteo.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your information is emailed to local insurance agents in Mukilteo who will return price quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you need to get a rate quote for a specific company, you would need to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
When narrowing the list to find a local Mukilteo insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures from which to choose. Car insurance agents can be classified as either captive agents or independent agents.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not limited to a single company and that enables them to quote your coverage with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage which makes it simple for you.
If you need lower rates, you should always get several quotes from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Many independent agencies also insure through mutual insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Featured below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Mukilteo who may be able to give you free rate quotes.
- Aarrow Insurance Svc – 910 9th St – Mukilteo, WA 98275 – (425) 290-8599
- Bob Mc Bride Insurance – 8004 Mukilteo Speedway – Mukilteo, WA 98275 – (425) 355-5221
Captive Car Insurance Agents
Captive insurance agents write business for a single company such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Captive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Captive agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Consumers sometimes purchase coverage from captives mostly because of high brand loyalty rather than having low rates.
Shown below are captive agencies in Mukilteo that are able to give price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance – 8211 Mukilteo Speedway – Mukilteo, WA 98275 – (425) 353-1499
To help find agencies in your area, visit this full listing of car insurance providers in Mukilteo, WA.
Choosing the best auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Who are their largest clients?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
For more information
Much more information about car insurance in Washington can be found on the Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner website. Click here for link. Consumers can discover disciplinary actions, find out which companies have the most complaints, and file complaints about a company.
Other informative sites include FindNewCarInsurance.com and CarInsuranceDIY.com.
Better coverage you can count on
We’ve covered many ways to save on car insurance. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Insureds switch companies for a number of reasons such as high prices, high rates after DUI convictions, questionable increases in premium or even lack of trust in their agent. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company is easier than you think.
More affordable car insurance can be found both online and from local insurance agents, so you need to with both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies don’t offer online rate quotes and usually these smaller companies only sell coverage through local independent agents.