Have you fallen victim to an overpriced auto insurance policy? Trust us, you’re not alone. Drivers have so many car insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and although it’s nice to have multiple companies, it can be more challenging to locate the cheapest rates.
Take discounts and save
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there are discounts available that many people don’t even know exist. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but a few must be inquired about before you will receive the discount. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are throwing money away.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles could qualify for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper since new cars are generally safer.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education in school.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less compared to bad drivers.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount will help reduce your premiums.
Finding Auto Insurance Deals in New Haven, CT
Finding a lower price on insurance is surprisingly easy. Drivers just need to invest a little time to compare quotes provided by online insurance companies. This can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
The easiest and least time consuming way to get quotes for comparison is to use a rate comparison form (click to open form in new window). This form eliminates the need for multiple quote forms for every auto insurance company. A single form will return price quotes from auto insurance companies with the best prices.
A less efficient way to obtain and compare quotes online is to manually visit each individual company website and fill out their own quote form. For example, let’s say you want to compare rates from Progressive, Esurance and Liberty Mutual. To find out each rate you need to take the time to go to each site to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is quicker. To view a list of companies in New Haven, click here.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just compare the exact same coverage limits for every company. If you use different values for each quote you will not be able to make an equal comparison in New Haven.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. These are some specific questions can help discover whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Who is covered by my policy?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Does my personal auto insurance policy cover using my vehicle for business use?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to shop for auto insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers may even find the most savings is with an unexpected company. These smaller insurers often have lower prices on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, Geico and Progressive.
Cost effective auto insurance is attainable on the web in addition to many New Haven insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some auto insurance companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.