Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy an overpriced auto insurance policy? Believe me when I say there are a lot of people in Farmington Hills just like you who feel imprisoned by their auto insurance policy. Lots of insurers contend to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose a company and get the definite cheapest price
How to Lower Your Auto Insurance Cost in Farmington Hills, MI
All the larger auto insurance companies quote prices for coverage on the web. Obtaining pricing doesn’t take a lot of time as you just enter your coverage information as requested by the quote form. After the form is submitted, the company’s rating system collects your driving record and credit report and returns a price. Being able to quote online streamlines rate comparisons, but the time required to go to multiple sites and type in the same information gets old quite quickly. Unfortunately, it is important to compare as many rates as possible in order to get a lower rate.
Isn’t there an easier way to compare rates?
A quicker way to find better auto insurance pricing uses one form that obtains quotes from more than one company. This type of form saves time, requires much less work on your part, and makes online price comparison a lot less work. Immediately after submitting the form, it gets priced and you can select any of the pricing results.
If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you can simply submit the application and buy the new coverage. The entire process can be completed in less than 10 minutes and you’ll know if lower rates are available.
To quickly compare pricing, click here and complete the simple form. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you enter the insurance coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. Doing this assures you will receive a fair comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-60.jpg" alt="Michigan insurance quotes” />
Educated Consumers Know How to Buy Auto Insurance Cheaper
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that come into play when calculating auto insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates enables informed choices that may reward you with better auto insurance rates.
- Never let your coverage lapse – Not having insurance is a misdemeanor and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage have a gap. And not only will your rates increase, but not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a license revocation or jail time.You may need to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Michigan motor vehicle department.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates – A driver’s credit history is a huge factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Therefore, if your credit score is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your by improving your credit score. People with high credit ratings tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
- Lower rates come with age – Youthful drivers in Michigan are statistically proven to be more careless when behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims and are safer drivers.
- An active claims history can cost you – Insurance companies in Michigan provide lower rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on higher rates. Car insurance is designed for larger claims.
- Where you live is a factor – Being located in a rural area can save you money when insuring your vehicles. Urban drivers regularly have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Lower population means reduced accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- High performance equals high price – The type of car you are insuring makes a big difference in the rate you pay. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
Pay less by taking advantage of discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but companies offer discounts that you may not know about. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of purchase, but some must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit. If you don’t get every credit available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a civic or occupational organization is a good way to get lower rates when buying auto insurance.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a course in driver safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies offer discounts for signing up prior to your current policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
For a list of insurers with the best auto insurance discounts in Michigan, click this link.
Your coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your situation may require specific advice.
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Michigan?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
A little work can save a LOT of money
Affordable auto insurance can be sourced from both online companies in addition to many Farmington Hills insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to save on auto insurance. The key concept to understand is the more you quote, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the lowest rates come from a lesser-known regional company. They can often provide lower rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
To find out more about Michigan auto insurance
Much more information about auto insurance in Michigan can be read on the website for the Michigan Office of Financial and Insurance Regulation found here. Visitors are able to report car insurance fraud, learn about insurance regulations, learn about specific coverages, and read consumer alerts.