People who are new to comparing rates online might discover purchasing the lowest-priced Beaumont car insurance quite difficult.
Compare Beaumont Car Insurance Costs
Performing a rate comparison can take time and effort if you don’t understand the best way to get rate quotes. You could spend the better part of a day driving to insurance companies in Beaumont, or you could save time and use the internet to achieve your goal.
Most major companies are enrolled in a marketplace that allows shoppers to submit one quote, and at least one company then returns a price quote based on that data. This saves time by eliminating quote requests to each individual car insurance company.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now click to open in new window.
One minor caviat to comparing rates this way is you cannot specify which companies you want to price. If you wish to select from a list of companies for rate comparison, we put together a list of companies who write car insurance in Texas. View list of Texas insurance companies.
However you get your quotes, ensure you’re using exactly the same coverage limits and deductibles for each comparison quote. If you use differing limits you can’t possibly determine the lowest rate in Beaumont.
Policy discounts you shouldn’t miss
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you can get discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some trigger automatically when you purchase, but a few need to be asked for before being credited. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you are throwing money away.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger companies have lower rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Accident Forgiveness – Some insurance companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will reduce the cost of coverage.
For a list of insurance companies with the best car insurance discounts in Beaumont, follow this link.
Learn How to Lower your Rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that come into play when calculating your car insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates enables informed choices that will entitle you to lower car insurance prices.
- Battle of the sexes – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. Both sexes are in accidents in similar numbers, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
- With age comes lower rates – Teenage drivers in Texas are known to be careless and easily distracted when driving so they pay higher car insurance rates. If you’ve ever had to add a youthful driver to your policy can break the bank. More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims and are safer drivers.
- Add-on coverages can add up – There are quite a few extra bells and whistles that you can buy on your car insurance policy. Things like personal injury protection, towing coverage and additional equipment coverage are some examples. They may seem good initially, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Cars with high safety ratings get lower rates. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates.
Additional information can be read on the Texas Department of Insurance website located here. Consumers can find out which companies have the most complaints, discover disciplinary actions, and file complaints about an insurance agent or broker.
These articles may also be worth reading.
Are you falling for claims of savings?
Consumers in Texas can’t ignore all the ads for the lowest price auto insurance from the likes of GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. They all have a common claim that you’ll save big after switching your coverage to them.
How do they all claim to save you money? This is how they do it.
All companies can use profiling for the type of customer they prefer to insure. For instance, a profitable customer could possibly be a mature driver, has no prior claims, and has a short commute. A customer getting a price quote who fits that profile will get very good rates and most likely will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Drivers who don’t qualify for the requirements will be quoted higher premiums and ends up with business going elsewhere. The ad wording is “customers that switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently advertise the way they do.
This emphasizes why you should get as many quotes as possible. It’s not possible to predict which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings.
And the best car insurance company is…
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
You just read a lot of information how to compare car insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the best price on car insurance is with a lesser-known regional company.
Budget-conscious car insurance is available online and also from your neighborhood Beaumont agents, so compare prices from both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not provide online price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.