Comparing Front Royal auto insurance rates online can seem complicated if you’re new to online rate quotes. Don’t let that stop you because we’re going to show you how.
Smart Buyers can Save Money
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that go into determining your auto insurance rates. Understanding what impacts premium levels enables informed choices that may reward you with better auto insurance rates.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces auto insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free – Car insurance companies in Virginia award lower rates to policyholders who file claims infrequently. If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to higher rates. Car insurance is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Older drivers save more – Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and receive fewer citations. Teenage drivers are known to get distracted easily in a vehicle therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Most auto insurance companies give discounts to customers who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, you still need to shop around to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Save money with special equipment – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent your car from being stolen.
- Your job and insurance rates – Occupations like doctors, executives and financial analysts have higher average rates because of stressful work requirements and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, professions such as pilots, engineers and retirees get better rates.
- Liability insurance protects assets – Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you when you are found to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Where you live – Residing in a small town is a positive aspect when it comes to auto insurance. Drivers in populated areas have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers means fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Pay less by taking advantage of discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there could be available discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts apply automatically at quote time, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a course teaching defensive driving skills can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some companies give lower rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver’s ed class in high school.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple vehicles on the same auto insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your company.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given the the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
What happened to insurance agents?
Some consumers would rather buy from a licensed agent. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from local agencies is definitely important in Front Royal.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Front Royal who will battle to get your business. There is no reason to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. It doesn’t get any easier! You can find better rates and work with a local agent.
The type of insurance agency you choose is important
When searching for an insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Front Royal agents can either be captive or independent (non-captive).
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents do not work for one specific company but rather can write business with multiple insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To move your coverage to a new company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and that require little work on your part. When comparing rates, it’s recommended you include several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison.Most can insure with smaller companies who may have lower rates.
Below are independent insurance agents in Front Royal willing to provide competitive price quotes.
- Keens Insurance – 445 South St – Front Royal, VA 22630 – (540) 635-1288
- Metro Insurance Plus Inc – 606 N Royal Ave – Front Royal, VA 22630 – (540) 622-2384
Captive agents work for only one company and examples are State Farm, AAA and Liberty Mutual. Captives cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Captive agents are well schooled on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Some people will only buy insurance from these agents partially due to the brand legacy and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following is a short list of captive insurance agents in Front Royal willing to provide price quote information.
- State Farm Insurance – 23 Church St – Front Royal, VA 22630 – (540) 635-3336
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 840 N Commerce Ave – Front Royal, VA 22630 – (540) 635-4074
- Allstate Insurance – 326 N Royal Ave – Front Royal, VA 22630 – (540) 635-9651
To view a complete directory of captive insurance agencies in Front Royal, please click here.
Choosing an insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- If they are an independent agency, which companies do they recommend?
- How long has their agency been in business in Front Royal?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
Once you have received positive responses for all questions you ask and locked in a price quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that is a good match to service your policy.
Switch companies and save? Really?
Auto insurance providers like State Farm, Geico and Progressive regularly use ads on TV and radio. They all make the same claim that you’ll save big if you move your policy. But how can every company make almost identical claims?
Different companies have a certain “appetite” for the driver that is profitable for them. For example, a driver they prefer might be profiled as between the ages of 30 and 50, a clean driving record, and has excellent credit. Any driver who matches those parameters will get very good rates and therefore will save when switching.
Potential insureds who are not a match for the “perfect” profile will have to pay a higher premium which leads to business going elsewhere. The ads say “customers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much. That’s why companies can truthfully claim big savings.
Because of the profiling, drivers must quote coverage with many companies. It’s just too difficult to predict which insurance companies will have the lowest rates.
Situations that might require an agent
When buying coverage, there is no best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Virginia minimum liability coverage?
- If my vehicle is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Additional information is available on the Virginia Bureau of Insurance website through this link. Virginia drivers can read consumer alerts, view a list of available companies, and file complaints about a company.
Also read more on QuoteClickInsure.com and this resource to find Front Royal, VA insurance agents.
More quotes mean more savings
Budget-conscious auto insurance is possible online and with local Front Royal insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
When shopping online for auto insurance, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where an insured cut full coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just presented many ideas to compare auto insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with a small local company.